Archived PDA's being phased out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple doesn't work all too well. Remember how they used to crash constantly, the MD8 or something error?
they crash due to shoddy programming. the apps we are forced to use are half backed not even near to being golden Alpha stage in development . to make it even more abundantly clear the apps are utter and complete crap. the iPod sitting inside a 3rd rate hacked kludge from Honeywell , that makes bloody thermostats, is the secondary problem. the iPod has the processing power to handle anything we could hope to throw at it. we just happen to be tossing utter bilge water at it.

the fact that corp has their heads firmly planted where all they see is nothing but rainbows and sunshine makes the matter even more frustrating, and to heap even more scorn and bile on our overlords the only real way we have to get word to the corporate and even hope to have something positive come from it is on this forum.

and yes I did have a not so good day

they crash due to shoddy programming. the apps we are forced to use are half backed not even near to being golden Alpha stage in development . to make it even more abundantly clear the apps are utter and complete crap. the iPod sitting inside a 3rd rate hacked kludge from Honeywell , that makes bloody thermostats, is the secondary problem. the iPod has the processing power to handle anything we could hope to throw at it. we just happen to be tossing utter bilge water at it.

the fact that corp has their heads firmly planted where all they see is nothing but rainbows and sunshine makes the matter even more frustrating, and to heap even more scorn and bile on our overlords the only real way we have to get word to the corporate and even hope to have something positive come from it is on this forum.

and yes I did have a not so good day

:D lol

WELL IF WE HAD STARTED WITH ANDROID TO BEGIN WITH WE WOULDN'T HAVE THESE ISSUES RIGHT NOW, WOULD WE???

Apple is shit and they are NOT good for retail work as evidenced by our comments.

Hell, we still have a bunch of LPDA holders that aren't going anywhere because they work for MyDevices.

I wonder how many of the staff at HQ that decided to go with the apple mydevice were apple fanboys/fangirls

irrelevant to the current convo, but has anyone else noticed that some of the mydevices self-charge now?? it's happened twice to me in the last week with two separate mydevices. they would each hit under their 20% battery mark, the warning would pop-up, and then i'd hear the charging sound, and low and behold they were charging for a good ten minutes. off and on all day.

They have done that since several updates ago. The problem it kills the sled to charge the iPod. So if you notice that start looking for a back up.

Oh hey, how did this thread manage to slip by me?

MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon. There are 3 different Android powered devices being piloted at stores as we speak right now vying for being the top pick. The selections are the Motorola TC70 (rugged version), Motorola TC55 (non-boot molding), and the Honeywell Dolphin 75e. Obviously with the two Motorola devices (upgraded version of the MC40 that was passed over years ago for the MyDevices) have removal batteries, and the Honeywell one does as well. CETerm/RFAPP's was integrated on the Android platform long ago with the MC40 and was in a working condition, it's just porting over myWork full functionality onto the new environment.

Looking forward to 2017.

I preferred the PDA for handling and reliability. Plus they are fun to holster. Haha

Sucks that they are cutting them down function wise at the store. The PDA's run the show at the DC, which is great.

MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon. There are 3 different Android powered devices being piloted at stores as we speak right now vying for being the top pick. The selections are the Motorola TC70 (rugged version), Motorola TC55 (non-boot molding), and the Honeywell Dolphin 75e. Obviously with the two Motorola devices (upgraded version of the MC40 that was passed over years ago for the MyDevices) have removal batteries, and the Honeywell one does as well. CETerm/RFAPP's was integrated on the Android platform long ago with the MC40 and was in a working condition, it's just porting over myWork full functionality onto the new environment.

Looking forward to 2017.
It's probably too late, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to the backroom to have a physical keyboard. We need to be able to feel the keys so we can type while moving around. Having to stop and look at the onscreen keyboard slows things down. And it's impossible to use with heavy duty gloves in the freezer when it's zero degrees F.

I'd rather keep using a PDA than switch to a new device without this.

It's probably too late, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to the backroom to have a physical keyboard. We need to be able to feel the keys so we can type while moving around. Having to stop and look at the onscreen keyboard slows things down. And it's impossible to use with heavy duty gloves in the freezer when it's zero degrees F.

I'm not trying to be smart, but I'm sure physical keyboards are out. I do understand what you mean, though.

Looking forward to 2017.
Do you have a timeframe in 2017 or not yet?

MyDevices are slated for End of Life soon.

I'm fairly certain the majority of our MyDevices are well beyond that point.

This.

I don't really care who makes the things. I want something that WORKS. Works like a friggin work horse mule, like a PDA just faster. Changeable batteries. AND GIVE US ENOUGH OF THEM FO THE WHOLE TEAM!!!!! And a couple extra so when the morons break em we can all work effectively. And put better thought into the updates. People gotta work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back