People are HORRIBLE on the walkie talkies!!!!

I can’t hear a thing most people say on my walkie! They mumble!! “ Hello I need *Garble* lock door *mumble* Unlocked”

We used to have someone who would begin a sentence in the middle of a sentence, strange. She would constantly "upspeak" and you never knew if she was making a statement or asking a question. We just rolled with it but sometimes it was irritating.

my two pet peeves:

Some talk with a whisper so you have to turn up the volume just to decipher them and then others yell into the walkie rupturing eardrums.

When one tm repeatedly calls for another and when the other finally responds the original TM is silent 🤦🏻‍♂️

What amuses me is when someone is somehow keeping the button held down when they aren't trying to use the walkie, and you just hear the sound of cardboard being moved around or tape being cut for a whole minute or two. Tonight at one point I heard what sounded as if someone was bashing a box open with a knife.

What amuses me is when someone is somehow keeping the button held down when they aren't trying to use the walkie, and you just hear the sound of cardboard being moved around or tape being cut for a whole minute or two. Tonight at one point I heard what sounded as if someone was bashing a box open with a knife.
What?!!? LOL!!

My peeve is people who go right into what they need from someone without asking for them first. “Pete I need a price check on a toy.” “Barb, I have guest who is look for a ...” Instead of “Pete in Toys?” then waiting for a response so they can ask their question. I don’t know how many times I’ve been up a ladder or with a guest and the person will just keep yapping on before I can tell them it will take a sec before I can help them.

Also, TMs who won’t go off channel one with a long exchange about anything.

Forreal. There’s just some things that just don’t even need to be said or people just be weird (if it’s not caught on accident) Some when talking to others private channel or not be saying weird things while talking to others on the walkie. Another reason why I have no desire to do anything with pretty much almost every coworker I work with there outside of work, hell even when I’m there.

Last edited:
My SETL doesn't wait the two seconds. I hate hate hate having to talk to him on a walkie
Those be the worse, HEY WE NEED A RESPONSE IMMEDIATELY, And they continue to be annoying. When I’m legit busy especially if I’m getting carts and they try to talk to me to do something else or whatever, I just don’t respond. I have too much to do as a cart attendant and can’t always help out.

Something that drives me crazy is when you hit a period of time where it is just constant chatter:

Jane can you go to two please? Toys please, toys? Jane can you go to four? Can someone help a guest in A20? Guest Services please, Guest Services? Is there anyone in the back that can get an item for me? John can you go to four? Electronics you have a call on 2280. John go to four please! Can someone help me with this drive up?

Oy!

Those be the worse, HEY WE NEED A RESPONSE IMMEDIATELY, And they continue to be annoying. When I’m legit busy especially if I’m getting carts and they try to talk to me to do something else or whatever, I just don’t respond. I have too much to do as a cart attendant and can’t always help out.
"Bob here im guest first please hold"

*20 minutes later, *

Electronics here, who needed me?

*crickets *

We had a very young ETL-HR, just out of college, who was the worst with the walkies. She could never hear her name but would respond to others:

TM: “Kris?”
Kris: “...”
TM: “ETL Kris?”
TM: “Kris? ETL Kris???”
TM: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

An hour or so later:

TM: “STL Don?”
Kris: “GO FOR KRIS! DID SOMEBODY WANT KRIS? GO FOR KRIS! WHO WANTED KRIS???”
TM: “No one. It was for STL Don.”
Kris: “Oh. OK.
TM: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No joke. This would happen, literally a few times a day when she was in the store. It was so bad that during a super zone one morning, several TMs started to tease her about it. And, that was low on the list of annoying things about her.

We have a TM who announces calls to other department in a singing kind of tone which makes me really mad !! Once or twice it’s ok to hear. Ok.. she is in a good mood!! But throughout the day ... 😣 yeah but she always attends phone calls ..

Back