Archived Person phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMench

Oy vey
I've seen a lot of push from spot to use our personal phones as part of our job, ie cartwheel, target.com, surveys. Personally I'm of the mind that if spot wants me to use my personal phone then spot can pay my phone bill. I refuse to use mine for work.

At my store only TLs are allowed to have there phones on the floor. TMs have to keep there phones in there locker. I really wish we could use them on the floor for cartwheel, target.com, etc.

When vibe started "get appy"encouraged us to use our own phones. I do anyway. My android is way more reliable. I have unlimited data. Would it be nice if spot chipped in? Yeah

I wish we had access to the cartwheel account on the my devices at my store, but we don't. I won't use my own phone. Either we figure it out on the guests phone, or not at all. I did have a guest demand I use my phone once, and no, it doesn't happen. For Target.com, just use the my device. And are you doing the surveys on your phone? That will get you fired.

But your phone can connect to the Store's Wifi. Your your not using your own data. So what is the problem?

Most Target Stores now should have Wifi. When I get to work, I just disable my network and connect to the store. So none of my own data is used.

But your phone can connect to the Store's Wifi. Your your not using your own data. So what is the problem?

The problem is that they are not compensating you for your personal phone. I have worked jobs where I used my truck, I got paid per mile driven. Target is NOT responsible if your phone is damaged. Umm my phone off contract is over $600. The WiFi in my store is so bad my STL turns off his WiFi and runs data only... I can only get a signal sometimes..

I will not be using my data for their business, how about they provide equipment that doesn't randomly decide to refuse to work?

At the end of the day, if your store has decent Wi-Fi then using your phone for guests isn't going to affect your bill at all so I have no issue using mine. Unless using cartwheel somehow absolutely drains your data then I can't imagine a problem

I was using my phone on the floor before it was officially okay, tbh. It was faster than the PDAs at the time. Target doesn't pay my bill, but I do get a 20% discount thanks to them. Also, WiFi. But I understand why other people wouldn't wanna use it. It's your phone. You get to decide what it's used for. And battery is another consideration.

My store keeps all the devices locked up in tsc and as of maybe a year and a half ago they stopped scheduling so hr was always covered so if I get there and no one's there I dont get to have an iPod or PDA or whatever. Thats another reason I use my phone.

I log into my personal cartwheel when I do have a my device and I usually remember to log back out. I keep asking for a store account that's on them all, though. Like an email address for the store that has an account would be nice.

I would have no problem using my phone EXCEPT for the fact that Spot is not going to give me the $600 to replace it if I drop it on the job.

I usually grab a MyDevice and a PDA to do my job.

The more TMs Spot can cajole into using their own phones to do their jobs - the more money they will save on actually equipping employees.

Broken & non-existent equipment isn't a problem if TMs are foolish enough to supply their own equipment for Target's benefit.

CEO is happy to save the money.

I have been useing my phone at work for years. i figure it's a fair trade since when my power gies out, like for a week after Sandy, I use the WiFi and electric in the store. Plus if I have an emergency and need to use my phone no one questions me on having it out.

Remember when connected to Target wifi, AP can view what websites you access and the "name" of the phone. And the "model" of the phone. For example if you have a iPhone...target can see that "Evan's iPhone 5" acesssed these websites. So if you don't want target to know what websites you access change your phones name.

Remember when connected to Target wifi, AP can view what websites you access and the "name" of the phone. And the "model" of the phone. For example if you have a iPhone...target can see that "Evan's iPhone 5" acesssed these websites. So if you don't want target to know what websites you access change your phones name.

Well you are looking for someone who only existed on paper... Well he did get a TV show last year... My naming convention for my devices, fictional characters...

What's crazy is at my store " certain" team members can use their cell phones and others cannot. I personally never use mine but one team member got yelled at the other day for having it on the floor but then another one can have hers out no problem?? I am thinking to myself how is that fair?? I see team members texting all the time but again other team members have to put their cell phones away?? How is that fair?? I honestly don't understand my store sometimes......

Even a %20 discount isn't enough, its not close to the discount my husband gets through his job...

I think the discount varies by provider, but I wasn't saying the 20% discount was enough for tgt to bank on me using my phone at work. If I'm helping someone who's nice to me and I don't have equipment, I'm personally happy to do it because I never don't have my phone on me. But I don't think tgt should rely on me or anyone else using a personal device even if some of us are fine with it.

Before get appy, the official rule in my store was no phones on the floor, but I always had mine anyway. I used the clock and I didn't have anything else to put in a locker so I didn't. Back then I didn't even text on the floor. They've mentioned the texting "problem" during some huddles pre get appy, too. Unfortunately, they can only enforce that for people who get caught lol. I took an emergency-ish call on the floor once. Had to whisper to my doctor "can you call back in ten minutes?"

I refuse to use my personal phone to help ungrateful guests. Every now and then I will have a decent guests and I think about it for a second and then I think nah, spot doesn't pay my phone bill so ya no! I use to all the time but I realized like someone mentioned earlier if I drop me $600 phone spot's not replacing it. Oh and you can use the my device for cartwheel and target app...

When the PDAs and MyDevices are down, I use my phone as a replacement PDA if I'm pushing. Scan the barcode on the Target app and you get the DPCI.

The amount of times I have dropped my phone is insane. The absolute lack of any cracking on my screen is also insane.

I'd never let a guest touch my phone heck I don't even let my boyfriend or friends touch my phone much let a stranger touch my phone. I do not need it broken.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back