Archived Pfresh Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in our Pfresh department we have been trying to crack down on all the cleaning and making sure everything is done for the montly/daily/weekly. We have been doing a good job with the daily and weekly but the monthly has seemed to be an issue for us.

Just some background info on what is taking more of our time. Our ETL-Salesfloor decided the closing market PA or TM should zone all of the freezers along with coolers and open market. When we first launched Pfresh it was just coolers and open market excluding the wine and beers. On Monday Wednesday and Friday we have our C&S truck that comes in at night around 6-7PM typically but sometimes around 4:30PM or so. That takes a good hour or so out of the night between everything involved since it is just 1 BR TM and 1 PA running it and staging product to be worked out in the morning. Also fill milk bananas eggs and other normal routines at night.

During the day theres the autofills which take easily an hour and a half to do since its just the one market opener doing the freezer, both produce pulls, meat, and dairy which usually dairy and freezer are full metro racks of product. That along with culling, QMOSing, flexing product so there are ZERO open holes, doing the SDA and QMOS from that, checking message boards so info, doing the order on order days, doing TPCS using 4-7-7, and other various side projects. When I open I usually try to leave the closer who comes in around 2 with all the pulls caught up, no QMOS, no credits, all cardboard broken down and taken care of and just walking into a good zone and area.

On truck days it takes from about 8:30-12 to get the product out. While pushing produce the opener is usually there to check for any crediting opportunities and taking care of that if needed along with taking care of any NOF items that come in which has happened before.

ANYWAY, with all of this I just dont find myself having too much time to even get to monthly cleaning and just would appreciate any advice for anyone that works in pfresh on how to go about the monthly tasks. What has worked for you guys or any tips you may have. I know for the times I have had time to do monthly cleaning it has taken a while. Like doing Label strips on everything in Pfresh, Coolers and Freezers. Cleaning the dairy shelves which means you have to take all the product off clean it put it back on, and with dairy I had to scrub the hell out of the shelving cuz it was nasty.

Sorry for a half rant about everything haha. Sometimes I feel like there is way too much to do in PFresh and too little time to do it in :(

It's a team effort. Train sf/cashiers to help you out. Zone/culling while pushing product. Our trucks come in the am & push to the floor at that time.
Is open market, main p-fresh or dry goods side?

Last edited:
It's a team effort. Train sf/cashiers to help you out. Zone/culling while pushing product. Our trucks come in the am & push to the floor at that time.
Is open market, main p-fresh or dry goods side?

Open market is just the pfresh area. Our trucks used to come in during the morning but they switched it around. I hate it coming at night when there is hardly anyone working and there is only one backroom tm. We dont work it out but we still have to stage it, unwrap the banana pallet, take temps, unload and load almost a whole truck since we are the first stop. What sucks even more is that we only have 1 automatic power jack. Manually pushing a 9 foot or so pallet that is rediculously heavy all the way across the backroom sucks. Not to mention when the truck comes really early and there are still autofills that are being pulled and backstock which sucks too.

And the store is pretty low volume so its hard to get much help when in the morning there may be 2 people on the floor under salesfloor til 2 or closing where there is barely enough time for them to even get through zone and reshop. For the market shifts there is virtually no overlap. Most days its just opener from 6-2:30 and closer from 2-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back