Restroom responsibility mandatory!

Are your guys's stores demanding that all employees clean the bathrooms each time they go in there? I mean I get it, all employees are responsible for the overall cleanliness of the store. But am I little off base thinking that we shouldn't be responsible for cleaning the restrooms? They been hounding about this at huddles for about 2 weeks now, and they even stated that our cleaning crew is terrible so why should we have to pick up the slack?

At any given time we have three team leads up at the front end just lollygagging, they can't check up on something every once awhile? So they've been harping on us about times as well, so I need to unload a truck, get my freight done as quick as possible, do epics, backup registers, now clean restrooms

Are your guys's stores demanding that all employees clean the bathrooms each time they go in there? I mean I get it, all employees are responsible for the overall cleanliness of the store. But am I little off base thinking that we shouldn't be responsible for cleaning the restrooms? They been hounding about this at huddles for about 2 weeks now, and they even stated that our cleaning crew is terrible so why should we have to pick up the slack?

At any given time we have three team leads up at the front end just lollygagging, they can't check up on something every once awhile? So they've been harping on us about times as well, so I need to unload a truck, get my freight done as quick as possible, do epics, backup registers, now clean restrooms
In my opinion, if you see it in full like wreckage, Maybe? Depends on your store and if you have a FosA tbh.

If your SD / ETLs say you have to clean the bathrooms then you've got to clean the bathrooms. The only point I think you might be able to argue is that you're not properly trained.

So,
A: Cleaners typically leave by 10 am, which leaves about 12 hours of cleaning responsibility to the store team.
B: The cart attendant is supposed to check the restrooms every hour and sign off on the restroom cleaning checklist.
C: Leaders are supposed to validate that restrooms are clean and follow up with the cart attendant.
Therefore,
speak to your SE leadership and see if cart attendants are following routines.

In my opinion, if you see it in full like wreckage, Maybe? Depends on your store and if you have a FosA tbh.

If your SD / ETLs say you have to clean the bathrooms then you've got to clean the bathrooms. The only point I think you might be able to argue is that you're not properly trained.
That's a big NOPE from me.

speak to your SE leadership and see if cart attendants are following routines.
You're forgetting not all stores have cart attendants. If its a non-High Volume store, TMs are expected to push carts randomly throughout their shift.
That's a big NOPE from me.
Don't get me wrong. agreed, however, at least at my store, Once ETLs set their mind for a TM to do something then there is 0 way to change their mind. believe me, I've tried.

You're forgetting not all stores have cart attendants. If its a non-High Volume store, TMs are expected to push carts randomly throughout their shift.

Don't get me wrong. agreed, however, at least at my store, Once ETLs set their mind for a TM to do something then there is 0 way to change their mind. believe me, I've tried.
In that case you are up! Just wear proper ppe 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hahahahaha, the people in my store can't even get their trash into a receptical (ie, trash can or compactor). If this happened we'd be overrun by shit demons in a week

Sounds like discrimination against TMs who have certain medical conditions to me. 🤔

Back in the day when the bathroom buttons were first introduced. The CAs and/or front lanes team were usually responsible for the restrooms. For the one store I had that had limited CA hours and skeleton cashier schedule, everyone had responsibility to check the restrooms.

Back