Archived Pfresh Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was looking at the Pfresh Routines today and what exactly are the routines for closing? There is fresh and full by 4 and then really nothing on the routines til 8. Anyone working in pfresh able to give me a breakdown of a typical closing shift for a PA? I checked the forums we have here for pfresh and there really wasnt anything on it

pfreshbackroomguy, if thats best practice... then im gonna have to have a LONG talk with my ETL... cause i open.. and NONE of that is done.. LEGITLY none.. except zone..

My PAs, CTL, ETL p fresh have told me p fresh area is our main proirity by checking dates, zoning & filling the high selling items (eggs and bananas in my stores case). Then we have to clean our the backroom p fresh completeing the cleaning log and, then zone the freezers.

Then again, we are short handed in our p fresh team with only 4 people working in the department. This includes myself, our CTL and 2 PAs. We only have an opener and closer in our weekends, our busiest days of the week. With that said, certain things cant get done because we dont have the man power to complete certain tasks.

overnight unload team?

Nope. We are a 4am logistics store. Our p fresh trucks come at 6am-630am on truck days. We have 3-4 flow TMs, 1 comes in from 630am-12pm while the other 2-3 come in 7am-12pm. Our p fresh opener comes in 630am-230pm

we only have 4 people total in our p fresh department

3-4 flow!? how many pallets on avg??

Well thanks for the responses on this. Worked closing tonight and it went pretty well. Didnt realize just how fast time would fly by haha.

Also, try to teach other tm's outside of p-fresh on how to do culling, push, & FIFO. It helps your team & keeps them busy. For ex: pushing milk.

Why don't all of your Flow TMs start at the same time? Also, are they scheduled in Trailer/Push or Offsite on those days? Ours are scheduled in Offsite, and I don't even know what that means ... Does that mean those hours are charged off? If so, does that have something to do with our food distributors agreement?
Nope. We are a 4am logistics store. Our p fresh trucks come at 6am-630am on truck days. We have 3-4 flow TMs, 1 comes in from 630am-12pm while the other 2-3 come in 7am-12pm. Our p fresh opener comes in 630am-230pm

we only have 4 people total in our p fresh department

Why don't all of your Flow TMs start at the same time? Also, are they scheduled in Trailer/Push or Offsite on those days? Ours are scheduled in Offsite, and I don't even know what that means ... Does that mean those hours are charged off? If so, does that have something to do with our food distributors agreement?

Offsite means you have an offsite warehouse.. My former store had that due to a limited size backroom. It is a warehouse owned by Target in which merchandise is located. Batches are pulled and backstocked all the same. You have a seperate truck (usually a rental..) that travels to and from the store and the Offsite throughout the day to deliver and return merchandise.

But why is it only for the PFresh unload flow shifts (T,Th)? The only difference is that they're unloading food, right? They're still working at the store. Is it because Target doesn't want to unfairly penalize offsite stores when payroll is wasted due to downtime from truck delays? That's the only reason I can think of ...
Offsite means you have an offsite warehouse.. My former store had that due to a limited size backroom. It is a warehouse owned by Target in which merchandise is located. Batches are pulled and backstocked all the same. You have a seperate truck (usually a rental..) that travels to and from the store and the Offsite throughout the day to deliver and return merchandise.

On second thought, it's gotta have something to do with the PFresh trucks, since I'm almost positive we aren't an offsite store ... At least I know we weren't during the 3 years before we went PFresh.

That's interesting. The "normal" usage of Offsite would be the people backstocking and pulling in that warehouse, yeah? That payroll would still get charged to the store because they are employees of that store, right? That's weird.

That's interesting. The "normal" usage of Offsite would be the people backstocking and pulling in that warehouse, yeah? That payroll would still get charged to the store because they are employees of that store, right? That's weird.

sounds like someone isnt following best practice of scheduling to me!

Yeah, I don't know. I just know that we started doing it that way after someone from the district came out and made kind of a big deal about how we should be scheduling them in Offsite. Could it be as simple as the fact that the food trucks are owned/operated by a separate company? If so, that's kind of a trivial distinction. It must be related to payroll accounting, somehow ...
sounds like someone isnt following best practice of scheduling to me!

I don't think the above post is a solution to the problem at all. It's unnecessary complication.

Your store needs to hire more flow team members, and schedule them to start at the same time. They unload the RDC truck and start stocking, then when food hits the dock a few go to unload and break down the frozen pallets. Once they start pushing, have more flow members start working the product in the frozen section. Keep going till frozen is knocked out, take meals as necessary, then get going on dairy; if there are several pallets, concentrate on doing those two at a time, if there are only a few, simultaneously get a produce or meat out there. Keep chiseling away at them till they're done.

Long story short, hire more flow team members. EVERY flow team member should know how to push food. Not everyone has to know how to cull. Two of our flow team members are dedicated to market and do the cull in the morning before food comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back