Archived Pfresh order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a pfresh assistant at the moment, but just out of curiosity -- how many days a week is the order usually done? And is it usually done on certain days of the week? Also, is it something that generally takes a long time to do?

(I might apply to become one at some point, so I'm just curious).

Last edited:
It depends on your food truck schedule. Usually you place an order the day before you get your next truck. The Rome needed for ordering really just depends. It should be taking anywhere from 30 mins to an hour if you are doing it right. You can't always trust the data in the ordering app.

At our store, I order on:
Tuesday for Thursday delivery, Thursday for Saturday,
Saturday for Monday.

I still count in the backroom, even though we don't have to. The counts are usually messed up in the system. Takes me about 15 minutes to count and 15 to order.

I get it done in about a half hour now. We get trucks MWF and order MWSat. If we could actually trust the counts in the PDA, it would probably take 10-15 minutes less, but oh well.

It depends. It takes me anywhere from 25-45 minutes to do the order, as it makes you a MAGNET for guest assistance. I usually do a quick inventory (of popular/staple items) in the backroom right before I shoot it, so I know when PDAs numbers are off as well as keeping it in my head while I work throughout the day.

Honestly the time it takes you to do it really depends on your store, your volume, and your experience at doing it.

As at my store we do it 3 days a week.

Doing the order is really something you can't teach. You can give tips about how to do it, but honestly, you learn from mistakes when doing it. You learn what sells, and usually how much ,when it is on sale. You end up learning a lot about how long product actually stays good for as well when you are ordering it.

My first tip is don't shoot the order to coincide for when the next order is shot, but for when the next order ARRIVEs. Also that the Shelf Life of Dated products is not factored into our inventory system.

So when you are shooting the order on 7/6 and it says you have 3 cs of a product on hand (but they all go out of date 7/8) and the Order AFTER you are shooting arrives 7/11, you have to mentally subtract those cs's and pretend they don't even exist.

#GuardrailKiller

When we had to order everything in meat and produce, the order took me a solid hour+ (which included backroom inventory). Now, I can knock it out in 30ish minutes. I ALWAYS go into the produce and meat cooler and note the dates on the boxes of dated product (like veggies and fruit cups, and fresh meat). It's too hard to guesstimate when it comes to the "How much will you QMOS?" thing. It's really the way to get the most accurate order, although when I'm really busy or the store is busy enough where I can over-order a bit and be okay, I'll skip the backroom part.

I'm in the tail end of training one of our PA's and I'm trying to get her to do the order a couple days in a row so she gets the hang of it. The key to good ordering is consistency...you've got to be on top of your current trends and what tends to have messed up counts and whatnot. Anyone can scan the order, but I don't like it when a non-PA does it because it usually is over-ordered because they don't know what sells and what doesn't.

This is off topic, but I have to say, looseseal, I love the AD reference in your name! Although it shouldn't have taken me this long to notice it :p

Does anyone else order 4 times a week? We order on M/W/Th/Sa.

We only order 3, Tue/Thur/Sun

I think it depends on whatever route it takes for them to get to the store.

At my store we are kind of out of the way with the nearest store being about 45 miles away.

Ordering 4 days a week would make it easier to do an order tho.

We do four orders per week M/W/F/Sat - it's a supertarget. The other local supertarget only does 3, but they are a smaller volume store. It takes an hour to inventory/scan Produce, maybe fifteen for meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back