Archived Pharmacy Backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so today myself and a few other team members were trained as Pharmacy backup. I can see why my fellow team members would be trained as Pharmacy backup (they work sales floor) but I work in the front end as a Cashier. I do appreciate being trained for Pharmacy backup, but it seems a bit odd to train me there since I am always stuck on a register. Another weird thing is I have never heard the call for Backup to the Pharmacy. Anyone have any insight into what is going on?

One of the pharm techs eats in our dining area all the time.
She said they're fixing to roll out some kinda new system to replace the old one so they're also trying to train more back-ups (I've heard calls to our pharmacy on more than one occasion).
I've considered asking to train but it would have to be when I'm not doing SB or FA.

So, I had been backing up at pharmacy for about a year, ever since I became GSA. Then about a month ago, they made everyone in the store stop backing up until we did the required testing (that no one outside of pharmacy had ever done before)....it was incredibly odd. So I got that taken care of. Basically, at our store, the only ones trained are most of the LODs, both GSTLs, me, and maybe one or two other people. If needed, they may think it is easier for someone to take over cashiering and send you to pharmacy. The pharmacy back up sounds just like the back up calls to the lanes or guest services.

We get called to back up at the pharmacy all the time. Everyone is trained - it's just HIPA training - it's not like you're dispensing, you're just retrieving and cashiering.

HIPPA training I understood...and even the pseudophedrine training...though I just do whatever the register tells me...but the fraud and waste stuff seemed like a serious waste of my time...none of that pertained to me as a back up, but if it makes them happy, that's fine.

HIPPA training I understood...and even the pseudophedrine training...though I just do whatever the register tells me...but the fraud and waste stuff seemed like a serious waste of my time...none of that pertained to me as a back up, but if it makes them happy, that's fine.
Sorry, missed this....actually, it's a requirement for Medicare. Anyone working in a pharmacy that deals with Medicare, even for back-up, has to do FWA training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back