Archived Pictures that make you go hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not your job to worry about anymore as in it’s not something you should actively be doing without direction. Before you were expected to do allnthe signing related tasks without being asked because that was your job. The fact it’s no longer your worry does not mean you won’t be doing it. The whole “it’s not my job” bs doesn’t work in retail. Your job is to do what your TL/ETL/SD asks of you. They want you to set pog? Push carts? Cashier for the day? Do some reshop? Put up overheads? Then that’s what you’ll do. Unless you have actual work related restrictions then you have zero reason to not do what your asked of by your leader.

Did you even bother reading my post before you quoted it? I said I would do any signing connected to the pog I'm setting or whatever else I'm told to do. Are you intentionally being dense to pick a fight with me or what?? I have a lead. I do whatever I'm told. I do get carts. I do backup. I push. I set. I backstock. I audit. I exf. But I AM NOT IN GENERAL DOING THE SIGNING ANYMORE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY TOLD TO DO IT. Is that plain enough for you??

That includes breaking down the pallet, arranging signing, cleaning the fixture room, and doing ANY SIGNING THAT IS NOT PART OF MY POG OR I AM TOLD TO DO.

@gsa4lyfe, I think there was ineffective communication made to @unknown by their mgt team about signing & who needs to do the tasks.
Every store is different. My signing person walked out, I think due to no hours or clear assignment to do those tasks.
My suggestion is, anyone who gets the one & one with a review, get it writing by your leader. Hold them too it.
If you want to win the store mod war, pick your battles. Take care of the guest first.

@unknown @busyzoningtoys Please take a deep breath and relax a second. From an outsider's point of view, it looks like the basis for your argument is ASANTS. Seriously. It sounds like @busyzoningtoys 's store is following the letter of corporate's law by working to keep experienced people in their best roles through fudging the title of the job, while @unknown 's store is following the spirit of corporate's law by saying there is no single person, every area handles their own, and no one in those areas are actually doing it because they expect @unknown to find a way of doing it with zero hours allocated and an expectation by leadership that he won't do it. When there's no hours and leadership is saying "you're not signing anymore which is why there are no hours, take your limited hours and do your assigned area" then yeah, the correct response is "I'm doing exactly as I'm told, I can't save the store".

Need to work on my deescalation skills. It's very frustrating to see an area and job I've been charged with maintaining go to hell. But that is exactly what is occurring. I expressed my concerns during both of my 1 on 1's but to no avail.

Need to work on my deescalation skills. It's very frustrating to see an area and job I've been charged with maintaining go to hell. But that is exactly what is occurring. I expressed my concerns during both of my 1 on 1's but to no avail.

Literally, not your fucking problem then.

I was told I wouldn't get any extra hours for it. That some stores would try to fudge it and keep someone there. Gee, really? You mean have someone do work and just not hope it happens magically.

My store is definitely going to be a "fudge it and keep someone there".

Yeah, after doing next weeks signing, the softlines person said something about how much easier doing the signing was than they expected. All we had for that week were a few 11x11s. I didn't have the heart to tell them about CSEs or the Goodfellow thing. I'll let them keep thinking my job was super easy until that time comes along.

Maybe they'll do another brand launch soon with another big wooden sign holder thing like Auden or UT.

Well C9 is going away in 2020. So we're definitely getting a new brand launch for four departments, each gender and age's activewear.

Did you even bother reading my post before you quoted it? I said I would do any signing connected to the pog I'm setting or whatever else I'm told to do. Are you intentionally being dense to pick a fight with me or what?? I have a lead. I do whatever I'm told. I do get carts. I do backup. I push. I set. I backstock. I audit. I exf. But I AM NOT IN GENERAL DOING THE SIGNING ANYMORE UNLESS SPECIFICALLY TOLD TO DO IT. Is that plain enough for you??

That includes breaking down the pallet, arranging signing, cleaning the fixture room, and doing ANY SIGNING THAT IS NOT PART OF MY POG OR I AM TOLD TO DO.
I did read it. I get you’re responsible for your area and signing isn’t your responsibility anymore. All I was saying is even though you’re jot responsible for the FOS overheads for example you’re still required to hangbthem when asked by a leader. Saying “that’s not my job” isn’t going to fly.

I did read it. I get you’re responsible for your area and signing isn’t your responsibility anymore. All I was saying is even though you’re jot responsible for the FOS overheads for example you’re still required to hangbthem when asked by a leader. Saying “that’s not my job” isn’t going to fly.

Which is why I said this.

If I'm told to do a specific piece of the signing, such as overhead signing, I'll do it.

Probably would have also caught pillowfort, fauct, and extndr. They probably have spell check turned off b/c it's pretty useless when typing up 1000 labels. My favorite (least favorite) thing is when a whole section all have the same item description on the label, ie PILLOWFORT pillowfort. No other description, on about 15-20 labels.

Probably would have also caught pillowfort, fauct, and extndr. They probably have spell check turned off b/c it's pretty useless when typing up 1000 labels. My favorite (least favorite) thing is when a whole section all have the same item description on the label, ie PILLOWFORT pillowfort. No other description, on about 15-20 labels.

Like Easter egg dye kits being labeled as Halloween Decor this year, lol.

Looks like my store, except there’s no rug and we would have to search the entire store to find a step-stool...😂
Step-stools only exist in legends or when you don't need them...
Check softlines. They seem to always be somewhere in softlines, usually in baby hardlines, mens or intimates, plus in the fitting room closet.

I'm kinda surprised that we've never gotten fussed at since kids could climb all over them and they sit wherever for a few days (or more) at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back