Archived Planning to leave Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. So I've been with Target for 2 and a half years and I just applied for an open position at my local Apple Store. I haven't gotten a call for an interview yet, but assuming I get hired, are there any steps I should take to make it a smooth transition? Should I cut back on my availability? Should I take my vacation pay now? Should I go on an LOA? Any help would be appreciated.

Wait till you actually get the other job and then put your 2 weeks notice in. I'm sure they pay out your vacation pay as long as you give enough notice and let apple know you need to give the 2 weeks with target, they should be understanding since they would probably want the same respect.

I wouldn't change anything right now, and save your vacation to use during your past two weeks (assuming your HR isn't a dick and "forgets" to approve it at the last minute).

I'm sure they pay out your vacation pay as long as you give enough notice
Target won't pay out your vacation accrued since the beginning of 2016 unless they are legally required to do so. They will still pay out anything that you had accrued before the change though.

I don't know if you left yet but if you have not you should take the time to write an official letter of resignation and bring it to HR yourself. You don't have to do it obviously but it is a nice professional touch.

I don't know if you left yet but if you have not you should take the time to write an official letter of resignation and bring it to HR yourself. You don't have to do it obviously but it is a nice professional touch.
I'm still waiting for a callback for an interview at Apple, but I'll have a letter ready just in case.

I doubt they care about a professional letter. They just need the official paperwork filled out.

Do not give one day over a two week notice. I did, and it was not fun. As soon as they know you are leaving, you are cut from the "circle of trust" and you are dirt on the bottom of the ETLs' shoes.

I doubt they care about a professional letter. They just need the official paperwork filled out.

Do not give one day over a two week notice. I did, and it was not fun. As soon as they know you are leaving, you are cut from the "circle of trust" and you are dirt on the bottom of the ETLs' shoes.
oh yea! My last week was absolute HELL! the ETLs basically ignored me. They let me in Cash office... did the safe and left. They would not say even two words to me.

Here here! I gave them 16 days, so two days over a two-week notice, because I wanted my last day to be on a certain day. I thought they would appreciate it because clearly I was being generous with my extra notice. Nope. My STL avoided me like the damn plague, literally did not say one word to me the entire 16 days. ETLs just barked orders and some never even said goodbye. In some stores, it really becomes apparent once you are leaving just how much leadership dislikes you. Some of those last days were my worst ever at Spot. Getting to see people for who they really are under those fake smiles is disheartening.

Believe it or not, my ETLs were really nice to me when I left. They even got me a cake, flowers, etc. My STL even tried to convince me to stay. I was like "Bye Felicias!"

Here here! I gave them 16 days, so two days over a two-week notice, because I wanted my last day to be on a certain day. I thought they would appreciate it because clearly I was being generous with my extra notice. Nope. My STL avoided me like the damn plague, literally did not say one word to me the entire 16 days. ETLs just barked orders and some never even said goodbye. In some stores, it really becomes apparent once you are leaving just how much leadership dislikes you. Some of those last days were my worst ever at Spot. Getting to see people for who they really are under those fake smiles is disheartening.
Yea it sucks. Even when I go back to pick anything up one of the GSTLs just kind of ignores me or the ETLs glare at me, but hey they cant kick me out if I am doing NOTHING wrong. During my last week I had the biggest smile on my face and I am sure I looked like I was higher than a kite!

We had a TL who hated where he was for some reason, even though being in this state was what got him a job when he was jobless for 2 years and he wanted to go back where the economy was worse.

He yelled and cursed out everyone on his last day. Finally I brought it to another TL since nobody in my team wants to speak up for anything.

Yea it sucks. Even when I go back to pick anything up one of the GSTLs just kind of ignores me or the ETLs glare at me, but hey they cant kick me out if I am doing NOTHING wrong. During my last week I had the biggest smile on my face and I am sure I looked like I was higher than a kite!
I know this is old, but I have to say that when I quit, most of my team was still respectful of me, but one of my GSTLs started saying things like, "I don't care since you're leaving" after discussing a movie with other team members and asking me if it was okay to spoil the ending to set himself up. One of the HR members told me that he was joking, although he was disappointed that I was quitting. It's not ideal, but it could have been worse like you guys mentioned in terms of how you were treated when you put in your two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back