Archived Plano core roles vs adjacency hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking at core roles on work bench, it says for plano team members to pull and backstocking their own product, but looking at the adjacency calender info, it says that the hours do not account for pulling, or backstocking...

I find this very frustrating, because what it says on the adjacency calender, that's what we get. So right from the get go, we are going to be behind.

I do take challenges, that's why I took this role, but I find it frustrating. Anybody dealing with this too?

Yes. We are expected to pull and backstock our own product, however each week I request extra hours based on our workload for a "puller". Sometimes I get a backroom team member and sometimes I just get extra hours and one of my team members is assigned to pull and backstock. My STL is totally on board with this since I make sure we never leave backstock or anything in the gun. I would talk you your ETL/STL and suggest giving this a try. It's worth a shot?

So looking at core roles on work bench, it says for plano team members to pull and backstocking their own product, but looking at the adjacency calender info, it says that the hours do not account for pulling, or backstocking...

I find this very frustrating, because what it says on the adjacency calender, that's what we get. So right from the get go, we are going to be behind.

I do take challenges, that's why I took this role, but I find it frustrating. Anybody dealing with this too?
Pull and backstock their own stuff. Haha! As if! I should print that out and put it on STL desk!

Hell our Plano team barely eve sets the stuff, or clears the isles. Other teams have to do it all for them, and they still somehow screw it up. Waiting for the whole team to be gutted.

Plano isn't really suppose to pull and backstock transitions it's too much unaccounted for hours for what plano is given, that's backroom deal. Revisions you bet your ass you should pull and backstock.

It's been mentioned before that backroom hours should go up to coincide with weeks where there will be a heavy load of POGs to pull. That being said... POG still pulls their own shit at my store, and if they need help, someone from Flow or BR gets scheduled under POG to pull (and sometimes push) their batches.

I guess need to look at the core rolls again. Because I've never seen this. I'll take a look tomorrow. . I do believe you're wrong but I will check to make sure.

My backroom team pulls and backstocks all of our Pogs and revisions. We stage a lot for transitions so we don't have massive batches. We are also ahead so a lot of the stuff goes right from the truck to the pog which is really helpful.

Plano isn't really suppose to pull and backstock transitions it's too much unaccounted for hours for what plano is given, that's backroom deal. Revisions you bet your ass you should pull and backstock.
You say it's backrooms deal, but they aren't given any more time to deal with pog pulls/backstock. They have other stuff to deal with as well. I couldn't imagine how it would be if they had to pull instock pulls as well (instocks does there own pulls in my store) it would be hectic

I see plano teams that are coddled all the time. "we don't get the hours to pull or backstock" "we don't get the hours to clear aisles" "we don't have enough hours to actually clean the shelves" So the other teams suck it up and do it. Backroom don't get the extra hours but they get it done.Salesfloor doesn't get extra closers to clear aisles but they get it done. The shelves, well they just stay dirty. Not saying all plano teams are whiners but in my experiance it sure seems like when they whine management caves...

I see plano teams that are coddled all the time. "we don't get the hours to pull or backstock" "we don't get the hours to clear aisles" "we don't have enough hours to actually clean the shelves" So the other teams suck it up and do it. Backroom don't get the extra hours but they get it done.Salesfloor doesn't get extra closers to clear aisles but they get it done. The shelves, well they just stay dirty. Not saying all plano teams are whiners but in my experiance it sure seems like when they whine management caves...
Mine just makes me give signing hrs to pog instead. Who cares if the signing or backer paper is up, we can't sell widgets from the backroom...

You say it's backrooms deal, but they aren't given any more time to deal with pog pulls/backstock. They have other stuff to deal with as well. I couldn't imagine how it would be if they had to pull instock pulls as well (instocks does there own pulls in my store) it would be hectic
Well no one is allocated those hours we're all just magically supposed to have it done. Given equipment, roles, and TM count backroom is most fit to do it. Most plano teams aren't large enough to actually have a dedicated BR TM for a large transition in the end even if plano hours would be used it's usually a BR TM just assigned to pull and backstock.

Instocks at my store A+ volume has 2 actual TM, and 1 more TM that is flexed in place for certain days like going through softlines, given research is timed Backroom pulls it, instocks pushes it and comes help to backstock near the end of their shift. That being said on weekends we just have one TM who goes through the rigs and pulls the research because that doesn't take much time to do.

Whine a little and management caves ? Oh I how I wish! Lol joking aside I have noticed that some team members whether they are leaders or not if they scream and bitch long enough they get their way or most of what they want or more accurately get away with doing less.

Bottom line is that there is conflicting information on best practices for who pulls pogs and backstocks the excess. Because it is so grey group and individual store direction is inconsistent. If your Plano team is efficient there is time to help pull when needed however now that a lot of old PDAs and all the LPDAs have gone away it is difficult to actually have equipment to pull. Also not everyone should be pulling in the backroom or backstocking , only those who are highly productive and are trained should be able to pull. The last thing the backroom needs is more people causing errors and fucking up the accuracy. I still get random old salvage items that are tossed into the fixture room for my price change to ticket cause they were barely found out of location.

When I first took over pog a year and half ago we had to pull all our own pogs my team was not large and we squeezed all pog workload into 4 days because we do the ad takedown and setup for the store, needless to say on time was rare . Fast forward to now and 4 backroom TL and 3 ETL log later we no longer pull everything but depending on the workload for us and the backroom we will jump in and help pull when needed. It should be a team effort and communication between logistic peers should be the best of all leaders in the store.

And salesfloor clearing off shelves and aisles ? That would be amazing I could only dream of that happening now. We are a medium volume store but our salesfloor is scheduled extremely lightly and because of that we do all of tune in, flexing of video games after settling for no holes , and heavy sale planner weeks we set as many sales planners as we can with no additional hours.

We don't make sales from shit sitting in the backroom not represented on the floor. Regardless of who does the pulling everyone should have drive to get product on the floor merchandised appropriately and into guest carts so we can get more flex hours from additional sales.

OMG I need to find where it says they should backstock their own stuff because my Plano team fights with me on this one each day! Backroom is nice and neat then BAM Plano has struck!

Have adjacency hours got more in line with what is should really take? I haven't done POG in like 4 years but when I was on the team I would shatter set times all the time. This included me clearing, cleaning, resetting, restocking, pulling/backstocking my POGs. It's not me bragging either. The only real department that they didnt give you enough time was cosmetics/hba. The rest of the store if it should take 10 hours you should be able to get it done in 6-7 at the most.

We don't make sales from shit sitting in the backroom not represented on the floor. Regardless of who does the pulling everyone should have drive to get product on the floor merchandised appropriately and into guest carts so we can get more flex hours from additional sales.
Not disagreeing until you skip backer paper to save ten minutes but cost me hours to take down pegs/ product to put it up later. Getting product on the floor is important but can't be top priority unless we commit to neglecting proper set/ ism once product is placed out. Days or a week of auditing/setting/fixing after big resets isn't in my allotted time but nobody else is held accountable- despite me asking repeatedly.

Not disagreeing until you skip backer paper to save ten minutes but cost me hours to take down pegs/ product to put it up later. Getting product on the floor is important but can't be top priority unless we commit to neglecting proper set/ ism once product is placed out. Days or a week of auditing/setting/fixing after big resets isn't in my allotted time but nobody else is held accountable- despite me asking repeatedly.
I'm not saying that you sacrifice the quality of your set but honestly it does not take long to put up backer paper and if it is taking a team member a long time to do that basic of Plano steps then they should not be on the team. Pog team members should be the most self sufficient and highly productive able to problem solve quickly and work with the greatest sense of urgency while the sets being high quality.

There must be communication and team work to execute sets which may mean you must go above and beyond or outside your daily routines. Not saying that we should pull everything because I have been in that situation and it does not work but collaborating to get the job done does.

If you allow every obstacle you encounter defeat you then you will never be successful at the store. We all are getting hit with issues from fixtures/ism missing ,errors in footages/pogs but you address the issue the best you can, reach out to peers when you are stumped and find a solution , order missing fixtures/signing that day of the set and fix it as soon you can. You don't allow yourself to always be behind and overloaded with backlog of auditing or pogs that must be re done without having implemented a plan or reaching out for support.

Target is always changing and evolving with team members and leaders absorbing and learning new tasks and responsibilities. Not everything new that rolls out is successful and for those of us who have been here 10 plus years can tell you things circle back frequently such as 4x4 coming and going and so on. But you push on and do your job the best you can and know everyday will not be perfect cause this is retail and shit happens, literally guests shit on the floor like softlines in more stores than you would think.

Well no one is allocated those hours we're all just magically supposed to have it done. Given equipment, roles, and TM count backroom is most fit to do it. Most plano teams aren't large enough to actually have a dedicated BR TM for a large transition in the end even if plano hours would be used it's usually a BR TM just assigned to pull and backstock.

Instocks at my store A+ volume has 2 actual TM, and 1 more TM that is flexed in place for certain days like going through softlines, given research is timed Backroom pulls it, instocks pushes it and comes help to backstock near the end of their shift. That being said on weekends we just have one TM who goes through the rigs and pulls the research because that doesn't take much time to do.
Lol yeah backroom only has to pull caf pulls, and push them. Pull all flex fulfillment, price changes and whatever backstock is left from the truck or push. We totally have time to also deal with the Plano teams leftovers. Especially when there are three tubs full to the brim with crap. Our Plano team has five team members... They're all slow. I remember when I had to help reset a section and I was done with my isles way before them.

I'm not saying that you sacrifice the quality of your set but honestly it does not take long to put up backer paper and if it is taking a team member a long time to do that basic of Plano steps then they should not be on the team. Pog team members should be the most self sufficient and highly productive able to problem solve quickly and work with the greatest sense of urgency while the sets being high quality.

There must be communication and team work to execute sets which may mean you must go above and beyond or outside your daily routines. Not saying that we should pull everything because I have been in that situation and it does not work but collaborating to get the job done does.

If you allow every obstacle you encounter defeat you then you will never be successful at the store. We all are getting hit with issues from fixtures/ism missing ,errors in footages/pogs but you address the issue the best you can, reach out to peers when you are stumped and find a solution , order missing fixtures/signing that day of the set and fix it as soon you can. You don't allow yourself to always be behind and overloaded with backlog of auditing or pogs that must be re done without having implemented a plan or reaching out for support.

Target is always changing and evolving with team members and leaders absorbing and learning new tasks and responsibilities. Not everything new that rolls out is successful and for those of us who have been here 10 plus years can tell you things circle back frequently such as 4x4 coming and going and so on. But you push on and do your job the best you can and know everyday will not be perfect cause this is retail and shit happens, literally guests shit on the floor like softlines in more stores than you would think.
No shit, really?

Sorry, forgot the font for sarcasm...can't be bothered to search for it on my phone.

I am NOT a pog tm. My supposed job is signing. The crap you post is ASANTS. My store does not work like that. If the pptl tells them to skip backer in vitamins, it's still missing two months later because I'm done putting up ism plus covering their assess. If the sltl doesn't put up the signs for the panty bins for the new c9 reinvention I no longer spend hours finding them or pulling the pog, scouring the line listing and ordering it.

I am not a tl, I am not on the bench, I am not being developed. Nobody at my store is because nobody is close to worthy according to the etl-ge. The carrot dangling in eyesight isn't fooling anyone.

I didn't even get 40hrs to set bts, which is 68.5hrs worth of signing in a perfect world. But please, tell me how I can not get behind and just roll with it. Actually don't- I'm gonna go edit my block list.

Our Plano team lead only hires girls or fat people (usually a combination of both) . Then asks the brtl to make br pull their pulls because the items are too heavy. The Chem reset was brutal on backroom because Plano refused to do their job and pull their shit. I don't discriminate but you should at least pick up one decently built worker that can climb ladders. Like what the fuck.

There was actually something new rolled out with MyTime called store standards. I'm not sure where the print out came from, but it was titled "Store Standards FAQ." It basically sums up where all the payroll comes from and breaks down almost every question around this topic. I am almost positive the technical "Best Practice" is Backroom should pull and there actually is no hours budgeted for backstock in Plano or Backroom from new sets

@PlanoFinn I'm not saying that you sacrifice the quality of your set but honestly it does not take long to put up backer paper and if it is taking a team member a long time to do that basic of Plano steps then they should not be on the team. Pog team members should be the most self sufficient and highly productive able to problem solve quickly and work with the greatest sense of urgency while the sets being high quality.
WOAH!!!!!! HAVE YOU EVER EVER EVER HAD TO TAKE DOWN 45 PEG HOOKS TO PUT UP BACKER PAPER?!?!?!? NO? I have. And guess what? I am not allocated hours to go back and to that because you want to jump ahead! Have you ever tried to slip backer paper in behind 70000 bottles of shampoo with sickly dividers shoved all the way to the back? I have and it's no vacation in the park let me tell you! It's almost as long as the whole damn pog! And just for funzies I AM A PREVIOUS POGGIE. A skilled one at that. Do my job well. And did. No it's not hard TO DO AHEAD OF TIME.

The communication works like this: shit rolls down hill. BUT IN BRAND FORM.
Personally I've stopped arguing, I mean "talking about it". It's rather pointless.

OBSTACLES?!? OBSTACLES?!? You must be kidding. PLEASE. Do signing for a month or 2 SOLO. If you ask ANY signing ninja or idiot, if they look for obstacles you are living in a dream world!!! I look for the absolute shortest simplest easiest possible way. Obstacles arise from the dc, stl, ETL, DTL, TL, WE CANT SELL IT FROM THE BACK ROOM!! Can't have clearance anywhere in the store!! Dont care if it doesn't set for 3 weeks and none of the 100 things for transition are here get it out so we can sell it! Pog is on the computer! Oh my trend run is empty! Filler up pog is in there!! Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place, but poggies and especially SIGNING PERSONAL don't LOOK for obstacles. Most of us NEVER Have enough hours to begin with and have to take too many short cuts to make ends meet.

Yes, we push on and do our jobs. And we get it done by cutting more and more corners. While we watch TL, ETL STL, walk around give order, cut our hours, talk/text on their phones and do nothing when we say "hey, you know maybe we could just spread this out? This has a lot of fixtures coming in and actually none of the stuff for the transition has come in" and then met with "no it shouldn't take you that long to fix. " 75 peg hooks later& 200 sticky dividers. And if you think it doesn't happen you are dreaming.
Been here 10 years. And yes we adjust. And yes it's ssdd. I can only imagine that you come from a high volume store. Or a store that doesn't ckfu with hours. It's pointless to have additional hours if you are just going to wast then to them to go back and fix issues. And that is what signingmininion and I are taking about.
I am sure you have a very effective team.

@PPTL95 i am sure that spot deliberately does that kind of stuff. It's horrible about taking old stuff down. As palnofinn said, many things have changed through the years. Going aroind in circles. Some things depend on store. We pull but don't bs. We just don't have time with all the other stuff and the hours they take away. We are consistently shorted on hours every week. At least like 30. But they prob leave it up for loop holes. If your team is effective, you shouldn't have TOO much of a problem. If it's not... But it's up to TL to keep on top of both.

We've noticed in the backroom that unpulled POG batches tend to eventually drop into the autofills, which is enough incentive to get them pulled without too much bitching.

Our backroom generally tries to clear out the POG batches once a week if we have time.

One of my friends is a PPTL, I was always under the assumption that pulling/backstocking was under backroom duties. I've not seen the core roles for plano, though, but it'd seem to make sense that if it's going to fall to plano when the adjacency calendar doesn't account for the hours then someone has to lose hours to account for that..I'd much rather that backroom uses an extra hour or two to get it pulled quickly than slow plano TMs slowing pulling in a small stockroom and getting in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back