Archived Plano Pricing Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the Plano team lead (new in role 4 months)that just got pricing also, was wondering if anyone that has the Plano/pricing tl position that can give me any advice on their routines, schedules,ect. On top of having this 2 teams (that aren’t very strong), we also have to do 3 days on the truck push, and taking over sales planners soon. We are struggling at times to get the workloads done.
:wacko:

I'm in the same boat! The only advise I can give you is that even though both teams are struggling you have to make sure that you're balancing your time between the two. It's tough and if your etl is like mine, she give me that feedback but cannot do the same (ugh.. i need out of spot...) I personally think it's BS that we have to also do the salesplans on top of the plano workload.. why not add the hours on to the salesfloor and team the salesfloor team how to set them? Can ya tell I'm on my way out the door? lol Hope this give you a running start

Thanks for your input, but after talking to new ETL-LOG (the 7th one since I started there),STL (2nd one at that store),DTL (4th for the district in 5 years) District HR there seems to be no solution to the problems that this store has and NO plan to fix it, I have put in my 2 weeks and wish my teams the best. I've been with Target for over 5 years and never seen this store in such a, can't say disaster because it's beyond that. Was offered no other options, but yet again I knew they wouldn't,so much for that. Long story short it's time to move on.

Reactions: NOP
Wow, sorry to hear! I'm working towards the same thing.. minus all the talking. My ETL has pretty much just shut down, we have no STL, and I don't even both talking to my DTL. I don't know what's going on at your store- but mine is suffering with the "do more with less" disease. I have a fellow TL that used to be a PPATL 10 years ago and even she said that there was a reason why they separated the two positions. It's just too much for one person without an assistant.

I am the Plano team lead (new in role 4 months)that just got pricing also, was wondering if anyone that has the Plano/pricing tl position that can give me any advice on their routines, schedules,ect. On top of having this 2 teams (that aren’t very strong), we also have to do 3 days on the truck push, and taking over sales planners soon. We are struggling at times to get the workloads done.
:wacko:

I am blessed to have a STL that gives Plano the extra hours to do the salesplans....before that I pulled out best practice which says salesfloor Tl's should do them and told him I would do Plano work first then Endcaps if I had time...score dropped and he started to give me the hours...

Hi, all!!

So, I'm a new Plano Team Lead and I have a question. I am pretty sure I dropped the ball on the morning/night crew in regards to the Halloween clearance merchandise. So, I came in at midnight tonight, and since I'm still in training, my ETL-HL is planning out mine/my team's workload still. I came in this morning and we had our workload lists, which gave us a set of new SPLs/REVs/POGs to both tie and drop. We got through them all, but instead of making sure the Halloween clearance was set on the endcaps, I had the team pull/push for the new merchandise. So, there's still a lot of Halloween clearance that needs a temporary location. Should I have waited on setting the new SPLs, to make sure the Halloween is set on endcaps so it can sell, or was I right in charging forward with the new SPLs? It is possible to condense the clearance merchandise on the back wall of mini seasonal, so should this be my priority tomorrow?? Any help would be awesome!! Thanks, guys! :D

All of our halloween stuff is in mini seasonal, as well as some checklane endcaps that we had free.

All of our halloween stuff is in mini seasonal, as well as some checklane endcaps that we had free.

And that's the correct way of doing things. Put all the PLU merchandise (seasonal clearance, that is) in one place--Mini-Seasonal. If you have too much, checklane endcaps can be a good place to blow it out quickly, but you'll need to get partnership from the rest of the store to make sure there's a plan in place to keep refilling them/set something new (or reset the old SP) when you don't need that space any longer.

Alright-thanks, guys! I'm just wondering now, if what I did was putting too much work on the following shifts (since the Halloween product needs to stay on the floor in order to sell). Should I, in the future, wait on setting the new SPLs in case there's no room to remerchandise the Halloween clearance, or should I always focus on the new SPLs/workload? I came in at midnight and saw the workload that my ETL-HL had set for us and figured that was priority (without really figuring in the workload for the Halloween clearance)..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back