Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Maybe I'm crazy but I'd take having 5x the number of crying children over playing music in the store. The crying eventually stops (or at least leaves the store), and doesn't get stuck in your head, unlike the music which haunts me every hour of every day when I'm not at work.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd take having 5x the number of crying children over playing music in the store. The crying eventually stops (or at least leaves the store), and doesn't get stuck in your head, unlike the music which haunts me every hour of every day when I'm not at work.

Same. It's like the same 30 or 40 song rotation, which sounds like a lot until you hear it day after day after day after day

And that stupid "meet me in the middle" song...I don't need to. I could probably sing it word for word at this point

Last edited:
I remember hearing All Star by Smash Mouth play one time when I was doing RFID scans for Softlines at 5:00 A.M.

It was a truly disassociative experience for me.
Lost my shit when one of the overnight TM screamed, "Donkey!"

Same. It's like the same 30 or 40 song rotation, which sounds like a lot until you hear it day after day after day after day

And that stupid "meet me in the middle" song...I don't need to. I could probably sing it word for word at this point
The songs definitely get stuck in your head, but I worked for decades in a store that had music, so I'm used to it - and nothing sets my teeth on edge more than some brat crying and screaming "b-but I waaaaaaaant it!".

My store is going through a remodel and all of a sudden, when the store opened, I heard music playing... It completely freaked me out.

What really bugs me the most about the music is the EQ mix they use. Pulling the vocals forward and sending all other tracks deep into the back. I find it annoying. Hard to believe Staytn' Alive by the Bee Gees is worse on a Sunday morning ad set with little instrumental tracks.

My store is going through a remodel and all of a sudden, when the store opened, I heard music playing... It completely freaked me out.
Same here. After a couple days off there was music, plus, after more than 10 years, the aisle to get to TSC suddenly changed from the Tide aisle to the deodorant aisle. I really felt disoriented that whole day.

Mine has music. I’ve heard “My Hair, My Crown” by Kelly Rowland way too many times that I can mindlessly sing it. I also heard Katy Perry way too many times. Then there are the contemporary country songs I can’t identify yet I listen to their stories each time with amusement whether it’s about drinking that beer while wearing those skinny jeans or going along with what his woman likes. Then there are the times where they play David Bowie (yes!).

Mine has music. I’ve heard “My Hair, My Crown” by Kelly Rowland way too many times that I can mindlessly sing it. I also heard Katy Perry way too many times. Then there are the contemporary country songs I can’t identify yet I listen to their stories each time with amusement whether it’s about drinking that beer while wearing those skinny jeans or going along with what his woman likes. Then there are the times where they play David Bowie (yes!).

Yeah the fucking Kelly Rowland song sucks ass. And they need to cut the crap with the fucking five or so American Authors songs.

Skinny jeans? Do you mean

They need to cut the crap with the 5 or so Carly Rae Jepsen songs too. Do they have a deal with her or something?

I think that’s one of the several story-driven country pop songs that makes me chuckle.

Months ago I heard one that sounded like this drunk woman singing about killing her husband, and I know this because it was moaning and I heard "put him in a grave" or some shit.

Ok so theres a song that I've been trying to identify for a month now. Went thru all the songs listed. Female singer, vocal samples saying " ah ah, oh oh," maybe 808s bass in the background, more laid back sound. I wish i had more lyrics. Any help is much appreciated. ;)

Yeah the fucking Kelly Rowland song sucks ass. And they need to cut the crap with the fucking five or so American Authors songs.

Skinny jeans? Do you mean

Yes, that’s the song. “A pair of jeans that fits just right” is it, though I somehow straw manned it to skinny jeans.

Mashups I hear:

There’s one that puts together Blondie’s “Rapture” and The Doors “Riders on the Storm.” Pretty bizarre.

Then there’s one where I don’t know the main artist but it includes sections of Tears for Fears’ “Pale Shelter.”

I wonder if the people at corporate actually think Cake By The Ocean is about eating a slice of cake on the beach.

Back