Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Some of these songs are really repetitive and annoying. Like that song where they sing “shine on me” a million times. Gee, I wonder what it’s called?

For some reason the volume is REALLY cranked up in the restrooms.
Opening the door is like walking into a disco & the echo off the tile walls makes it deafening.
It IS fun to listen to people trying to talk on their cells over the noise :D

Anyone who wishes for music has never worked Ina store that played music.

A) it is never music that you like.
B) it is a station that Target has paid for whose sole purpose is pc/neutral songs that have a low chance of offending people.
C) said station has a play list of like 30 songs that it randomises. A half dozen songs get cycled out every month. You WILL learn them all.
D) you can't turn it off. Ever.
You will go to sleep with them in your head. You will wake up with them in your head. You will hear them in your head all the live long day.

That being said, the music at my previous job introduced me to Bruno Mars, Imagine Dragons, Jason Mraz, Andy Grammer, Lorde, Matt Nathanson, Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles, and even decent songs by Katy Perry and One Direction, so there can be an upside.

Some songs, I only hear once or twice a week. This one? EVERY. FUCKING. SHIFT. I now have a personal vendetta against Jason Mraz.
Also a lot of Jack Johnson music. I consider them pretty much the same artist, they have that chill vibe. I don’t mind it, but I don’t need to hear it twice per day.

Also a lot of Jack Johnson music. I consider them pretty much the same artist, they have that chill vibe. I don’t mind it, but I don’t need to hear it twice per day.

For my store, it's fucking American Authors that is guaranteed to play every day.

Might as well start contributing to this thread now.

Marry The Night: Lady Gaga

My Sharona: Knack

Hard To Handle: The Black Crows
Omg I would seriously embarrass myself if they played My Sharona, or any of my 80s and 90s jams...I was known to bust a move or two and sing along at my old job.

I voted yes - maybe music will help muffle the sound of whining, crying kids and their insufferable parents.

Some of these songs are really repetitive and annoying. Like that song where they sing “shine on me” a million times. Gee, I wonder what it’s called?
Gee, that song. I love that song! That song motivates me on a day I dread being at work.

For some reason the volume is REALLY cranked up in the restrooms.
Opening the door is like walking into a disco & the echo off the tile walls makes it deafening.
It IS fun to listen to people trying to talk on their cells over the noise :D
They need to crank it up in the produce dept. Barely audible in produce.

For my store, it's fucking American Authors that is guaranteed to play every day.
At mine it's that one by Ariana Grande (I'm assuming) where she stole the lyrics from Lesley Gore and repeats them endlessly until my ears want to bleed.
I voted yes - maybe music will help muffle the sound of whining, crying kids and their insufferable parents.
Sadly, nothing drowns out screaming child. Not even earplugs.

We play classical music in our office at work.
I put my foot down when they tried to do a Classical Light off Apple play and managed to run a nice assortment of the Masters myself.
It seems to keep folks calm, even when the 1812 Overture is going in the background and if I can't have Motorhead I'll settle for Debussy and Brahms.

Anyone who wishes for music has never worked Ina store that played music.

A) it is never music that you like.
B) it is a station that Target has paid for whose sole purpose is pc/neutral songs that have a low chance of offending people.
C) said station has a play list of like 30 songs that it randomises. A half dozen songs get cycled out every month. You WILL learn them all.
D) you can't turn it off. Ever.

wait but those are all things i like

WHATEVER THE WEATHER WE GON’ BE BETTER TOGETHER

Am I the only one that absolutely despises song?

Nah that's the kinda cheesy bop song I enjoy.

Regina Spektor- Fidelity

That song suh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uhcks

That song is fucking horrible. So is the Orange is the New Black theme song. Regina Spektor should just stop making music.

Back