Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
They are recently pushing the whole "modernization" thing so they told us no more headphones/airpods and such, but everyone still does it. My team lead in SFS plays music from her phone all the time. I have helped out at another (much nicer) target and they actually had larger speakers in the backroom that play music for everyone. I really wish I worked there but way too far for me.

They are recently pushing the whole "modernization" thing so they told us no more headphones/airpods and such, but everyone still does it. My team lead in SFS plays music from her phone all the time. I have helped out at another (much nicer) target and they actually had larger speakers in the backroom that play music for everyone. I really wish I worked there but way too far for me.
Our store has never allowed headphones or any of the alternatives. But they let us play our own stuff on our phones before open. And I always do, cause it drowns out the mostly shitty music Target's playing, so I get a break from it for a bit.
One of our TMs on unload plays music for everyone on the line. Their playlist has a little bit of almost everything so everyone seems to enjoy it.
We got warned some time ago about the kind of music we play cause one TM was playing music with excessive profanity and I'd overhear lyrics about grabbing balls and other such things... I didn't complain cause I didn't care, but I agree that's not appropriate music to be playing around your superiors, for example.

Can anyone help me find a song I keep hearing at Target?

Female singer.
Synth in the chorus
Lyrics in the chorus: “all I need is you, all I need is you.”

Google hates me. Every search I’ve tried brings up every other song with those lyrics but the one I’m looking for. Sound Hound won’t take my humming, whistling or singing.

Thank you in advance ❤️

Female singer.
Synth in the chorus

Google hates me. Every search I’ve tried brings up every other song with those lyrics but the one I’m looking for. Sound Hound won’t take my humming, whistling or singing.

Thank you in advance ❤
This one maybe?

Female singer.
Synth in the chorus

Thank you in advance ❤

heard a song with the lyrics i think of "Everyone/Everybody loves you"

Anyone have any ideas. Its non of the songs that pop up when you search in google

Our store started playing music about a week ago. I'm already sick of it, and not just because I have elf hearing, although that's part of it. For one, most of the songs have been remixed to have the same tempo. Faster songs get slowed down, and slow songs get sped up. (Not simply changing the speed it plays; the artists likely recorded different versions of the songs of they're covers.) There's an Elton John song that's normally slow and sad sounding, yet here since it goes by at the typical Disney happy song speed, and much of the feeling of the song is lost. And the drum parts are all the same. Snare, kick pedal, snare, kick pedal. Over and over, all day long. There are songs that I'm familiar with, and can tell that the drum part has been changed.
But I also can't stand that it plays in the break room as well. It was bad enough losing the silence we had before the store opened while on the floor, and the music plays overnight as well. Even if nobody is in the store. So if I wanted a 15 simply for some silence, that is gone now too.

I’m surprised by the amount of relatively unknown indie music they play. There’s a lot of songs I like that I wouldn’t have discovered otherwise.

Our store started playing music about a week ago. I'm already sick of it, and not just because I have elf hearing, although that's part of it. For one, most of the songs have been remixed to have the same tempo.
That Rihanna Take A Bow remix is so annoying

For a while, we had an instrumental of "Keep It Comin' Love" by KC and the Sunshine Band, but now we have the full song? Also, our is super quiet at Guest Service, but is super loud by Paper/Pets/the Pharmacy.

I actually had a racist come up to me the other day and ask why we were "playing that Mexican music" overhead. I either didn't hear it or tuned it out, so I have no idea what song he was talking about. (Despacito, maybe?) When I explained that we had no control over the music at the store level, only at the corporate level, he then told me, "Your corporation should have stayed in California or Arizona instead of coming up here and bringing all of them (Mexicans, I guess? He was kind of ranting) with you."

Thanks, Target Music.

For a while, we had an instrumental of "Keep It Comin' Love" by KC and the Sunshine Band, but now we have the full song? Also, our is super quiet at Guest Service, but is super loud by Paper/Pets/the Pharmacy.

I actually had a racist come up to me the other day and ask why we were "playing that Mexican music" overhead. I either didn't hear it or tuned it out, so I have no idea what song he was talking about. (Despacito, maybe?) When I explained that we had no control over the music at the store level, only at the corporate level, he then told me, "Your corporation should have stayed in California or Arizona instead of coming up here and bringing all of them (Mexicans, I guess? He was kind of ranting) with you."

Thanks, Target Music.

Could have been Despacito or Bailamos by Enrique Iglesias, those are the two primary-Spanish songs that I know of.

Back