Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
Worked supporting another Target today, regretted it. Could not tune out to the invasive music playing on overhead. No variation, pure repetition. Felt like water torture. Would not be able to put up with that consistently ! Makes me thankful my own store hasn’t turned that crap on......or have they in my absence ???? shudder.

"Kiss" has been overrun with background; completely ruins the minimalist accompaniment that made it so good.
"Rocket Man" was ruined.
Love hearing Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff", tho.

Iyaz - Replay

Related:

tumblr_p64nuvtYgg1s4pegro1_1280.jpg

Same playlist in all targets I believe. It’s a pretty bad mix as far as I’m concerned. I was at Kmart as a sales floor associate from 2008-2014, and the music was a lot better. That’s odd considering Kmart is on their way out

I’ve heard a Rolling Stones song once. It would be great for them to mix a few more of their songs in. Even the Beatles, but I’m sure it’s difficult to get the rights to play their music.

The very early mornings are by far the worst time for music. It's all really bad club remixes. I get excited when they play something normal like Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

They edit the hell out of a lot of songs too.

That Halsey song “Bad At Love” is annoying already, but they have three edits during the song. They won’t let her say “white lines” because it’s a reference to cocaine obviously....kinda silly though.

Anyone who wishes for music has never worked Ina store that played music.

A) it is never music that you like.
B) it is a station that Target has paid for whose sole purpose is pc/neutral songs that have a low chance of offending people.
C) said station has a play list of like 30 songs that it randomises. A half dozen songs get cycled out every month. You WILL learn them all.
D) you can't turn it off. Ever.

Back