Archived Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% will not do it again (I mean like if a product is there for a week or whatever I may buy it). But this time I made sure it was on an endcap. I don't know the exact time but it was at least 15-30 mins, maybe an hour.

What has changed?
2013 or 2012? Read your post with dates.

2013 or 2012? Read your post with dates.
Oh so that is my changing story? Does it really matter? I couldn't remember exactly. BTW the date on it is 12/26/2012 so its basically 2013. But because I had a typo I am all of the sudden guilty?

Again, no GSTL/GSA is going to accept a return from 6.5 years ago. The item most likely wouldn't even be in the system anymore. What was the item anyway?

Again, no GSTL/GSA is going to accept a return from 6.5 years ago. The item most likely wouldn't even be in the system anymore. What was the item anyway?
Stickers. And obviously the GSA accepted the return. Why wouldn't they. The guest tried a card lookup and it didn't work but they swore they bought it within the past 90 days and the GSA didn't even bother to look before overriding it because why would they?

Stickers. And obviously the GSA accepted the return. Why wouldn't they. The guest tried a card lookup and it didn't work but they swore they bought it within the past 90 days and the GSA didn't even bother to look before overriding it because why would they?
The ***Guest Advocate (ain't no more GSAs) with supervisor override should have denied this since it's not an item we sell and POS wouldn't traditionally recognize it since the DPCI for it would've been so old. (Hell, POS rejects items from Q2 2018 already!)

However, let's not assume OP works in a store that isn't a Yes Store, where the SETL and ETL-SE will 099-09-0999 a return just for the mere fact of not looking like the bad guy/gal and the twisted interpretation of "making it right" for the "Guest" (happens at my store AAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL the time — I'm about to delete "no" from my vocabulary at this point).

If this crap was so old, no one should've rewrapped it for sale. It should've been Salvage even if overridden as it's of no profit to the company. It's garbage. The GA gave away money.

Just don't buy stuff you rewrap as others have explained or let it sit out on the floor as also explained. I don't think, given this explanation of this old crap, you'd be talked to about for making up in profit what your GA threw out.

But you said they had a receipt. Specifically dated 12/26/2012. So why would they use receipt lookup?

I 100% will not do it again (I mean like if a product is there for a week or whatever I may buy it). But this time I made sure it was on an endcap. I don't know the exact time but it was at least 15-30 mins, maybe an hour.

What has changed?
Yeah if its there even that day later no one in my store atleast would see a problem. You dont have to wait a week. Maybe just check with your gstl and ask what the rules are with that if you happen to be the price changer just to know. Id think it kinda just falls on the fact they shouldnt have returned it in the first place

But you said they had a receipt. Specifically dated 12/26/2012. So why would they use receipt lookup?
A receipt this ancient would immediately be rejected by POS. "Refund declined. Give merchandise back."
POS seems to be okay with expired receipts up to 30 days after (probably to account for REDcard's extra 30 days and POS being too ancient to properly handle complex "if REDcard then +30" statements).

I would talk to your gstl (or whatever they’re called this week) and ask what you should do. That way IF AP has a problem, you have already brought it up with a lead. At my store there is so much issue with theft that AP doesn’t have time to care about stuff like that

^^ My point exactly. No one would’ve alllowed this return in the first place which is why this whole scenario makes zero sense.
With the exception of a Yes Store lol. Like I said, 099-09-0999 returns irk me to no end but the "accept the ID number they give you without a physical copy of the ID" SETL the scammers ask for BY NAME does this at least 5 times a day.

So the DPCI is still in the system. Also the guest tried a card lookup and that didnt work so they did an ID return. The item itself has a date of 12/26/2012. No one has said anything yet so I won't do it again and hopefully be good

Did you use your discount too? Just kidding. At best you would be spoken to, at worst you would be written up. 3 write ups usually equals termination but who knows what the new rules are with all this modernization going on.

A receipt this ancient would immediately be rejected by POS. "Refund declined. Give merchandise back."
POS seems to be okay with expired receipts up to 30 days after (probably to account for REDcard's extra 30 days and POS being too ancient to properly handle complex "if REDcard then +30" statements).
For me, it’s seemingly random. One time POS accepted 60 days old (I didn’t notice the date until too late, it was a small item anyways), and I’ve also had it deny the day after.

My guess is it’s similar to “have guest insert most recent card”... it’s dynamic based on purchase/return history, item category/value

With the exception of a Yes Store lol. Like I said, 099-09-0999 returns irk me to no end but the "accept the ID number they give you without a physical copy of the ID" SETL the scammers ask for BY NAME does this at least 5 times a day.
For me, it’s seemingly random. One time POS accepted 60 days old (I didn’t notice the date until too late, it was a small item anyways), and I’ve also had it deny the day after.

My guess is it’s similar to “have guest insert most recent card”... it’s dynamic based on purchase/return history, item category/value
So I guess this might explain all the salvage I get in reshop? What it doesn't explain is why that salvage ends up IN my reshop, but that's an in-store problem.

Yes, but now our systems don't automatically defect them out. Unless you sit there and scan every single item it's hard to tell when you're missing salvage.
The other issue I've noticed is that it just calls it defective salvage instead of missed salvage. Iirc, the new best practice is for the DBO of that area to catch it and take care of it with their price changes

Also, quick tip, to salvage out via Zebra is actually very easy with missed salvage: Go to price change app, click on the person icon in the top left hand corner, click on price change. The screen should now be black instead of red. Scan the item, and it will ask you how many were on the floor. Just type in how many you have, then throw it into your salvage bin, no sticker will print (unless it's ESIM, then a special handling ticket will print)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back