Archived PMT rant... BACKROOM BRAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid7

PMT (former, signing and pricing/Plano TL)
With this new truck process rollout, the PMTs in my group literally did everything. Takedown, build, move merch, put up bars in softlines, rearrange shelves and now we have to paint everything in the backroom. The kick plates for God's sake. Just today my Log asked if I could paint over the stickers on the bulk steel (uh, scraper?). Shit is getting out of hand. It's a giant waste of time. STLs and DTLs telling us to build stuff without FSRs and are just going crazy. Thank God for Yammer! where we can actually contact higher ups and kind of check this nonsense. I'm literally loosing my shit. Trying to get stuff done and I'm being asked to do everything the store team should have done for our visit tomorrow like scrape the gum off the backroom floor. As if I haven't told them that they need to have discussions with whoever is eating in the backroom during my MOD walks.

And the MOD walks
OMG
Who wasn't walking the store before and not making work orders. I wanna know, cause you fucked us all. Unfortunately my regional leader captained the MOD walk program and now our PMBP is constantly asking if we made follow ups to the MOD walk. God forbid you make a work order that wasn't a follow up to a Mod walk. WTF?

I was PMT up until March after months of my PMBP being an asshole to the point where I just put in my notice. There was too much pressure on the first impression like I would get my ass kicked for one diaper being in the parking lot. He made me feel unsure of myself all the time that it was affecting my mental health.

And it wasn’t just me. Another PMT quit the day before I put in my notice and later in the year 4 PMTs quit within a 2 week time frame.

What is a MOD walk? Is that the daily walk where we are walking an area under another new name?

Last edited:
We haven't started that yet. Half of my PMBPs group only answer to him but my store doesn't. I'm still held to answer to my Log and STL and if you ever want to move up to ETL you need every ETLs approval in your store, so... Yeah. Plus my. PMBP has never, to my knowledge, challenged the STL. He always agrees to their crazy plans (he wants his own store as well, just my guess).

MOD or Modernization walk is where you walk two areas of the store a day, after your lunch while the store is busy to find issues. Front End gets three days, then electronics, grocery, Home, A&A and Friday is new Brands and or Lines.

Last edited:
Glad I’m not doing that. My LOG would have been all over me asking me if I found anything because she was buddy-buddy with the PMBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back