Archived POGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are POG policies changing? We were told departments were going to do their own POGS and not have POG employees doing them throughout the store.

Technically all stores are supposed to be doing this, but I don’t think anyone really does... we just schedule our old POG team members under wherever the POGs need to be set... so if grocery is getting new POGS, they’re Consumables TM’s for the day. ASANTS but this is how we’ve done price change/pog changes. We just schedule them under different work centers but it’s the same people. Easier then teaching everyone and they’re good at what they do. Plus they kinda suck at doing other stuff, cuz all they ever do is POGs.

Technically all stores are supposed to be doing this, but I don’t think anyone really does... we just schedule our old POG team members under wherever the POGs need to be set... so if grocery is getting new POGS, they’re Consumables TM’s for the day. ASANTS but this is how we’ve done price change/pog changes. We just schedule them under different work centers but it’s the same people. Easier then teaching everyone and they’re good at what they do. Plus they kinda suck at doing other stuff, cuz all they ever do is POGs.
I take offense to your statement that "they (PLANO) suck at doing other stuff, cuz all they ever do is POGs." I realize that ASANTS but that is a untrue statement at my store. Presentation Team can do everything but make Starbucks Coffee. This is how we were and are trained. So yeah I take offense to your statement.😡

I take offense to your statement that "they (PLANO) suck at doing other stuff, cuz all they ever do is POGs." I realize that ASANTS but that is a untrue statement at my store. Presentation Team can do everything but make Starbucks Coffee. This is how we were and are trained. So yeah I take offense to your statement.😡
PLANO teams are truly versatile.

Sorry, I’m referring to my specific stores TMs. They’re a bunch of TMs who have only done Plano their entire lives.. not saying they couldn’t do it if they learned, but it would be a process. It makes much more sense to keep them where they’re trained and doing what their good at (Plano) and keep Hardlines/Softlines/Grocery doing what they’re trained and good at (freight/stray/zone). No offense meant, I know there are tons of very versatile Plano TMs as well, mine just are not.

This is completely true. There's not going to be a dedicated "Plano Team" however they will absolutely still schedule people to come in at 4am, 6am, etc if needed to do sets and stuff. Veteran POG TM's aren't all of a sudden going to start doing reshop because their title has been combined with Hardlines / General Merch. Style will do their own POGs however, with the exception that Electronics is not expected to do their own Backstock that comes of their POGs because you can only do so much away from the boat in a day. At least this is how it's supposed to be done. If your store isn't like this then your Specialty Sales leader isn't sticking up for you enough lol.

This is going to be interesting going forward. Right now farming Plano out to other teams and then scheduling them for sets around the store makes sense. But, as Plano tms leave and stores aren't hiring them anymore I see trouble. :oops: Hopefully my store will be wise and train tms along the way but with payroll being what it is (ie. never enough) well....I feel a batch of popcorn is in order. ;)

It’s not really going away, WHICH IS GOOD because pog shifts are like 80% of my shifts that aren’t flow/truck

The work isn't going away but the team is which is where I'm concerned. I do more pricing than Plano these days (70/30) and always help the big transitions and I don't see myself leaving any time soon. But attrition is just a part of our world and can you imagine a year from now? Unless stores keep hiring people with Plano in mind and then sending them to train for it, new hires that are expected to know how to do end to end will likely never be trained in it due to time restraints.

Does modernization/end to end have a tm training program? If it's left to each store then we're screwed unless leadership makes it important.

My store is running store modernization now and there is no formal training program. All team members are trying to keep up but we're stuck with empty shelves on the sales floor with push in the back that not's going anywhere. Staffing is bad so there's no time to properly train existing or new team members. I have been told that the program is working in other stores so if we push the team all will be done. Not too hopeful.

We've been told we shouldn't expect early morning shifts (6am for us) anymore and that we could start being scheduled at 8, 9 or 10 to better meet the business needs of working freight after the truck and being "available to the guests." Not sure how that's supposed to work with big transitions. Unless they are going to alter how the Plano workload is allocated as far as hours to complete or drastically change how major transitions get done, I just don't see how this is going to work.

Our POG team is actually more or less the same as back when I started. One new person, a couple people quit but the plano TL is still here and he’s kept the headcount the same by giving the extra shifts to me and a couple other volunteers. All of our STLs have had his back on the payroll side of it...scoot a bit extra from over there, change shift type from “POG” to “SALESFLOOR”, click submit and presto we have signage, we have label strips, we have fixtures, the works. To care is to succeed.

We've been told we shouldn't expect early morning shifts (6am for us) anymore and that we could start being scheduled at 8, 9 or 10 to better meet the business needs of working freight after the truck and being "available to the guests." Not sure how that's supposed to work with big transitions. Unless they are going to alter how the Plano workload is allocated as far as hours to complete or drastically change how major transitions get done, I just don't see how this is going to work.

Huge transitions and resets aren't all of a sudden going to be done starting at 8am, there's no way that would work. My store has been running the new op model for awhile, and those sets are still done starting at normal 4-6am shifts. At least the work that would cause huge "guest inconvenience" is. The rest of the Revisions / POGs though, those are all done starting.... anytime really. If you're hardlines and they know you know how to set, chances are they're throwing you a pog when you come in.

At my store softlines does their own, but everything else is still done by POG.

They are totally phasing out pog team and price change folks...as of Monday

Asants- while we know it is coming our pog team still has plenty of hours. Next week is the baby set and the following 2 weeks are the Beauty/cosmetics. Most of the team will get at least the 32hrs if not a full 40 just to get all that work done.

There's no way I could set grocery pogs myself or let alone with the 3 people I have. I'd rely on a team to complete that and I could handle small revisions

We also have to report to upper if they aren’t going to be able to set POG or complete REV every week. They don’t even know how to do price changes, so this will be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back