Archived POGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I audit the schedule after HR completes it to ensure coverage, workload and such isn’t overlooked.
It’s weird, even after we went back to the inbound team pushing dry, the team can barely get through everything they have to.
Some weeks it’ll be good, others not so much.

Today out RDC truck was small...but most was dry, we were short 1 so a sorter helped and they barely finished. They have missed scheduling people all throughout the store the last couple of weeks. Then they try calling people in or moving people around. It's hard to be E2E when you don't always have the same people.

Today out RDC truck was small...but most was dry, we were short 1 so a sorter helped and they barely finished. They have missed scheduling people all throughout the store the last couple of weeks. Then they try calling people in or moving people around. It's hard to be E2E when you don't always have the same people.

Yup, it’s that end of the month payroll let cut everyone and have the skeleton team finish everything time of the month!

Yup, it’s that end of the month payroll let cut everyone and have the skeleton team finish everything time of the month!

Or, we only have 5 cashiers all day, so while your tasking, please come and back up cashier for and hour. Or 2.

Or, we only have 5 cashiers all day, so while your tasking, please come and back up cashier for and hour. Or 2.
I say call all the ETL'S to work 10-12 hour shifts since they are salary! Make them work for their salary for the last week of every month. This is what they signed up for, right?! Or am I wrong?

I say call all the ETL'S to work 10-12 hour shifts since they are salary! Make them work for their salary for the last week of every month. This is what they signed up for, right?! Or am I wrong?
That’s what the DTL said! If you have to Send everyone home and make them work the registers and the floor. I’d give up my shifts in a heart beat to see that happen.

There are some aspects of modernization that have worked wonderfully...BUT...in the same sense they are a failure. Doing away with Plano and Pricing, in the long run will be a disaster for some departments. I think that most departments can get REV and small POGS done on their own...but adding price changes to their short shift is going to be a nightmare in the end.

I do believe that it can work. Take any of us who have worked in Plano and price change. You could stick us in any department and we can hit the ground running. Where I see the huge, gaping hole is hours. If tms still get 4 to 6 hour shifts, which seem typical at my store, they are going to have to pick what they want done because if there is price change and an aisle due on the same day it can't happen.

Edited to add: The shifts can remain short if they want, but they need way more coverage for it to work. Somedays we have one sftm for part of the day...like what?!?!

Bottom line: Modernization and skeleton crews cannot coexist.

Last edited:
I do believe that it can work. Take any of us who have worked in Plano and price change. You could stick us in any department and we can hit the ground running. Where I see the huge, gaping hole is hours. If tms still get 4 to 6 hour shifts, which seem typical at my store, they are going to have to pick what they want done because if there is price change and an aisle due on the same day it can't happen.

Edited to add: The shifts can remain short if they want, but they need way more coverage for it to work. Somedays we have one sftm for part of the day...like what?!?!

Bottom line: Modernization and skeleton crews cannot coexist.

On a typical day....sftm - 8, yes 8....consumable 4, All of A - 5, C&D 5, Toys 2-3, Elect/Seasonal 2...Truck pushers -6....This is just between 630 - 12...except sftm are there all day

That’s what the DTL said! If you have to Send everyone home and make them work the registers and the floor. I’d give up my shifts in a heart beat to see that happen.

I have asked to go salary...you would have thought I said really bad cuss words. I have always been a salaried employee...worked 50-60 hrs a week. This hourly, hurry hurry hurry crap is for the birds. I'm not saying our ETL'S dont work, because they do, at times

I have asked to go salary...you would have thought I said really bad cuss words. I have always been a salaried employee...worked 50-60 hrs a week. This hourly, hurry hurry hurry crap is for the birds. I'm not saying our ETL'S dont work, because they do, at times

It’s hit and miss sometimes with who and when they promote/hire these salary positions. I’ve seen some on the floor 99% of the time and off stage 1%. But it is true that [at least in my house] the TLs run the store.

Is there a way to view what aisle an upcoming POG will be in before setting it? We have an upcoming office transition next week and I'm trying to have the back room match the sales floor. Kinda difficult though if I dont know where all this product is going. Also, is there a way to easily pre-tie a POG so I dont need to look up the POG each time?

Is there a way to view what aisle an upcoming POG will be in before setting it? We have an upcoming office transition next week and I'm trying to have the back room match the sales floor. Kinda difficult though if I dont know where all this product is going. Also, is there a way to easily pre-tie a POG so I dont need to look up the POG each time?
Workbench or second page of my work

The only transition happening next week that has office items in it is BTS in seasonal and the stationary endcaps. The seaosnal aisles should have been pretied already. If there is a random pog in office that is resetting, the only way to know which aisle it is going in is to look up where the current pog is set since it would replace it.

You can pretie in myWork (for some things). It is basically the same as a store tie but for the pog.

The only transition happening next week that has office items in it is BTS in seasonal and the stationary endcaps. The seaosnal aisles should have been pretied already. If there is a random pog in office that is resetting, the only way to know which aisle it is going in is to look up where the current pog is set since it would replace it.

You can pretie in myWork (for some things). It is basically the same as a store tie but for the pog.
BTS was set last week since we're an early set store. I suppose all this office transition could be BTC. Either way I have no where to put all these transition repacks that came in today for it. Nobody knows what's going on any more at my store

Adjacency map will tell you which aisle or endcap the POG goes. We set BTS already and a lot of the other stuff looks like it's going on endcaps to be set next week or More Than Magic stuff in softline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back