• Outside

• In the arms of a TM

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Hey!

So I was wondering, is it okay to cry at work, as long as it's work related? Like, is it okay to work, and just let out a few sobs here and there as long as I'm able to multitask and still do my work? You know, like nothing distracting, but just, letting a few whimpers out to ease the suffering? People won't have to ask what it's about, because it's about work. So if it's work related, it's not a distraction, right? I don't think it would bother the guests either, because I'm pretty sure they aren't aware of our presence anyway. Any thoughts? Anything about this in the handbook?

Hey!

So I was wondering, is it okay to cry at work, as long as it's work related? Like, is it okay to work, and just let out a few sobs here and there as long as I'm able to multitask and still do my work? You know, like nothing distracting, but just, letting a few whimpers out to ease the suffering? People won't have to ask what it's about, because it's about work. So if it's work related, it's not a distraction, right? I don't think it would bother the guests either, because I'm pretty sure they aren't aware of our presence anyway. Any thoughts? Anything about this in the handbook?

You forgot the coolers...

Embarrassing story, but I had a GSA/GSTL that I think hated my guts. I was really close to going into compliance one night so I left my station to go tell them I needed to go on my break (they had taken my walkie from Food Ave). They flipped out and the next day told my (super crass) TL to tell me to "stop bothering the front lanes and stay in my area" among other things because I was out of line. I held it together until HR came to get something to eat from me and I just started bawling and told her what happened. She was totally sympathetic and thought the GSA had been in the wrong and I was still sniffling...as the ETL came up to get something to eat. ETL took one look at me and was like "Oh I'm not getting into that" and left. Legit hid from guests for a few minutes in the stockroom while I tried to get myself back together again.

I just groan and make off-handed comments. I've felt like crying, especially when I'm sick/exhausted and shit just keeps piling on. My coping mechanism is that I just get really silly and make comments that are sublty offensive. I also do funny voices to keep myself entertained. I try to make a souffle out of a shitty day. Never let'em see you sweat or cry, then they really go in for the kill.

Last edited:
AP Office

Not really though. Never been THAT stressed about work.

Last edited:
are-you-crying-theres-no-crying-in-retail.jpg

Hey!

You gotta do what you gotta do. I have covered for others that needed a moment. I did not ask where they wanted to go to let it out just covered for them. I have walked out to the back parking lot and screamed at god for a few moments once or twice. Or stepped into the freezer. But it has to come out.

I don't cry but I do swear. A lot. In the fixture room as I aggressively clean up what others seem to be incapable of putting away. And I do it it loudly so I am pretty sure at least half the backroom hears me and the PMT whose office shares a wall. Occasionally he will pop his head in to make sure I haven't injured myself.

Been so angry I almost punched my etl. Had a girl cry every day, for two months straight. My SrTL coached her for crying in front of guest. (She was crazy tho)

Voted backroom, but more specifically, the electronics stockroom. It's nice being one of the only few that have a key so no one really randomly walks in on you.

I cry a lot, and often times I will feel much, much better after it. Most of the ETLs know I'm easy to cry/have anxiety problems so I need a minute every now and then, they tend to just ask that I either let them know, or have someone cover for me.

Cried today because a guest yelled at me. I'm pretty good at taking the verbal abuse by now, but I will never get used to someone raising their voice at me. ETL Log was with me in the stockroom while I cried and told me funny work related things about guests and TMs and it totally sped up the crying -> feeling better process. Shout out to my ETL Log.

Last edited:
I cried a few times when I was training, but now I'm a toughened tm so I don't know what could make me cry there now. A couple years at Target have created an emotional shield that is impervious to people's bullshit. It's handy.

I've seen plenty of TMs who have cried in the TMC/HR bec of guests or other tms. I've cried once in the backroom bec of the idiotic TL who keeps bothering the only other tm working with me to do the tiny little bit of adset left for pfresh. He has 5-6 tms working in his dept and he can't bother not one of them to just put the remaining signs up for his dept. It was like 20-30 signs left literally. I've worked hard to come close to coming clean. I've had enough and had a screaming match with him bec he had always done this to me (keep taking people to leave the workload to me). He's a selfish, self-righteous, smooth-talking idiot. I will never work for him.

That time, I really tried holding my tears in but sometimes, you really have to let go. That was how bad it was for me.

I've never cried in front of guest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back