POS 2.0/New POS Shenanigans

Gift receipts say to return the item for a "Merchandise Return Card" but the Guest used their credit card.

Uhm... that would be a gift card, New POS. 🤦‍♂️
3F346D5C-9A5D-45BB-AB7D-5EABF9F1E4C0.jpeg

Gift receipts say to return the item for a "Merchandise Return Card" but the Guest used their credit card.

Uhm... that would be a gift card, New POS. 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 9714
This is not new. I was up front years ago and if the guest uses the barcode from the actual original receipt they get a charge credit but if the GIFT receipt is used it assumes the recipient, not the purchaser, is returning, hence, a gift card for them to get something else.

This is not new. I was up front years ago and if the guest uses the barcode from the actual original receipt they get a charge credit but if the GIFT receipt is used it assumes the recipient, not the purchaser, is returning, hence, a gift card for them to get something else.
I'll see if I can take a picture of the Classic POS gift receipt which I believe says it's a gift card.

Notice this one says Merch Return Card.
Those are only issued for store credit.

I’ve had gift receipt returns come back as merch card before.
Yes, but the wording on the gift receipt shouldn't say that.

Gift receipts for items purchased with a Merchandise Return Card by the guest/gift-giver return to a Merch Card to prevent them from using a gift receipt on a Merch Card purchase themselves to try to get a Gift Card instead.

There was a breif time when all gifts went back to merch and then they switched it back to GC. probably just forgot to update new POS.

also what the heck is that font? new POS is NOT ready.

I don't understand why they have to bug test this software live. I would happily spend hours ringing up test transactions in a test environment if I meant not having to deal with half of my registers having less functionality.

edit: okay I mean I DO understand I just don't like it.

When does this launch?
It's being rolled out to all stores by Q3 I believe. Some stores have yet to have their register monitors changed to the touchscreen ones because the company we subcontract to (CompuCom) sucks.

Touchscreen only. The entire keyboard is useless, including the letters. Can't even ADDT'L ASSIST.
A keyboard comes up on screen for text entry.

Stores piloting it have it on about half the registers to train everyone and since many things don't work on it, to not completely hinder the store with this shitty software.

It's being rolled out to all stores by Q3 I believe. Some stores have yet to have their register monitors changed to the touchscreen ones because the company we subcontract to (CompuCom) sucks.

Touchscreen only. The entire keyboard is useless, including the letters. Can't even ADDT'L ASSIST.
A keyboard comes up on screen for text entry.

Stores piloting it have it on about half the registers to train everyone and since many things don't work on it, to not completely hinder the store with this shitty software.

What training? I didnt even know there was a change until I read it on here. There is zero communication and training. You go up for backup and BOOM! it's all new, and you're struggling to check out the guest. Another Target fail.

Does it actually go back to a merch card or does it just say that?
There was a breif time when all gifts went back to merch and then they switched it back to GC. probably just forgot to update new POS.

also what the heck is that font? new POS is NOT ready.

Gift receipt goes back to a Gift Card (the exception being the Guest who gifted the gift paid for it with a Merch Card, so that no one tries to use gift receipts to get back Gift Cards on a Merchandise Return Card purchase).

Classic POS still says "Gift Card" so it's just a text issue.

3A2630E5-744D-4B87-AF59-4D4B96A7651F.jpeg

I don't remember seeing it in any of the info about the new POS but if you already have a 6-digit pin on the myDevice, use that for the new POS login. Went to make one and got an error message and assumed I couldn't use the same one as my myDevice one for some security reasons... went to log into my myDevice today and couldn't until I tried the POS pin. So that's fun.

Back