Archived Possible transfer to beauty team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had spoken to my ETL, telling her that I wish to go work in the beauty department. She was supportive of the decision and told me that she told to the Lead in that department and it was okay, but I had to interview for it.
What should I expect from the interview? Any tips?

I had spoken to my ETL, telling her that I wish to go work in the beauty department. She was supportive of the decision and told me that she told to the Lead in that department and it was okay, but I had to interview for it.
What should I expect from the interview? Any tips?
Assuming it's a standard interview, be able to speak to the beauty department's process. This might mean product knowledge and great guest service for some TLs, for others it might be accuracy/speed on pushing freight and partnering with AP really well for potential theft. Basically, see if anyone in the beauty area can tell you what the TL for beauty likes to look for/focuses on.
Other than that, have a solid base in hardlines processes like freight, audits, abandon, etc. Have enough product knowledge to be better than throwing some random person in. Be aware of what the job involves and ready to do those things (beauty is a lot of freight, abandon, backstock, etc and not a whole lot of talking about cosmetics a lot of days). The interview itself will likely be similar to your hiring interview, except focusing more on specific things for the beauty experience and going the extra step for the guest (so four-six questions in the form of "tell me about a time" where they're looking for how you handled the situation and got a good/meaningful result from it).

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back