Archived Post your 4th of July displays here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SFS saying that's cheating is basically like saying using the powered pallet jack instead of a normal one to move water pallets around is cheating. If it's there and it works, may as well use it.

mini advertisement of products within a store through making items visually appealing to guests

I'm not totally against VMTLs. A lot of companies use visual merchandisers. The thing that gets me is target tries to look so uniform from store to store I have never walked into a store and said "wow their vmtl is amazing at their job" lol they all take direction from their vmbp

Our vmtl has free reign with display endcaps at our store...and can switch up certain things to advertise new items and such...remember each store is different. Our DTL is cool with stores doing different things as long as there is a plan behind it to improve sales.

SFS saying that's cheating is basically like saying using the powered pallet jack instead of a normal one to move water pallets around is cheating. If it's there and it works, may as well use it.
I call that cheating too...even when I do it. I mean it in a joking manner of course.

Work smarter, not harder ;)

Oath2order, from a productivity standpoint, looks and proper management of visual stimuli result in quite a bit more sales if you do the research. It's why companies spend so much money on advertisements. That's basically what a vmtl is for, mini advertisement of products within a store through making items visually appealing to guests. Since you make the assertion that visual marketing is useless in a retail environment, I'd like the data to back that up please. Secondly, I've already had to fill the table of "America" items twice and when they were back in mini-seasonal no one purchased them. It's an impulse buy stand all in all.

See I don't have to provide any data for you because ASANTS. Just because the VM crap works for your store doesn't mean it works for mine.

Good for you that people purchased that stuff! They didn't at my store.

Then make sure your wording is accurate in the conclusion you draw originally and say "at my store" instead of making a sweeping general statement that the position is useless.

At my store the back room TL position is basically useless as we have such experienced TM that we really don't even need a TL and the ETL logistics could easily handle it, but I wouldn't say that's true at all across the board.

Our vmtl has free reign with display endcaps at our store...and can switch up certain things to advertise new items and such...remember each store is different. Our DTL is cool with stores doing different things as long as there is a plan behind it to improve sales.

Our DTL is like this too. If the store is brand and what they're doing is selling product, she doesn't care if it goes by VMG or VA. Our VMs make sets under our VMTL in softlines and let me tell you, those mannequins sell clothes. It's nothing for us to have to have them changed twice a week because the clothing sells out.

@oath2order i did read that piece, however you said at your store you wish the displays would stop. You didn't go on to mention the VMTL was only useless at your store so one can reasonably interpret you believe that in a general sense.

But since you said pls read. Please read my original post which didn't include me saying please post all your opinions and thoughts on displays and vmtl's but to post your actual displays to share what we all have to maybe get ideas from one another :)

@oath2order i did read that piece, however you said at your store you wish the displays would stop. You didn't go on to mention the VMTL was only useless at your store so one can reasonably interpret you believe that in a general sense.

But since you said pls read. Please read my original post which didn't include me saying please post all your opinions and thoughts on displays and vmtl's but to post your actual displays to share what we all have to maybe get ideas from one another :)

vIHJ46F.png

I like that the original poster shared the idea. I "steal" ideas from other stores all the time. Pushers on boxed hair color? Perfect! Stole that one. The kitchen focal with portable drink bottles? Crystal Light and power aide single add ins right on top! Goldfish shipper near baby? Needs to be completely filled everyday now. Yep I steal them and Im proud of it. I love shared ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back