Archived Power Goes Out, So Do Your Profits

Status
Not open for further replies.
North east is expecting a huge storm this weekend and I’ve gotten about 100 emails about what to do if we lose power. This store must have been without power for a while because you’re not supposed to start covering coolers until like your 3

North east is expecting a huge storm this weekend and I’ve gotten about 100 emails about what to do if we lose power. This store must have been without power for a while because you’re not supposed to start covering coolers until like your 3

Or they don't know how long it was out and better safe than sorry?

The loss will be covered. An itemized dpci list is done. I have been through 10 no power events.
I know it will be cover but there is a process to get that back such as the store transfer in the pda. You scan each item as you toss it and at the end of scanning everything you finish the transfer and it actually gives you the amount of the loss and then you go to store apps to print the paper work.

I miss working at my old job when each frozen shipment came packed with a fuck ton of free dry ice. That shit was handy as fuck to have around because whenever the 500 year old compressors shat out on us we would just pack the most expensive stuff in bricks of dry ice and only had to throw away about 10% of it. It was neat because the digital thermometers in each cooler stayed on and working so we could keep an eye on the temps without using the laser gun.

Well I say “miss” but not really, I did like taking bags of free dry ice home to load into my Yeti and freeze that vodka solid

Pushing overflowing shopping cart upon overflowing shopping cart to the compactor gets old real quick, as does restocking pallet upon pallet of cooler and frozen food when recovery replenishment comes in. I'm not forgetting backstocking, I just don't do it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back