Archived Power Hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowmotion

Presentation TM
So is my store full of alcoholics lol. :D

Every now and again when I'm working in the afternoon I hear about "Power Hour" on the walkie. Now from my experience, Power Hour is a drinking game/challenge of a shot of beer a minute for 60 minutes. You would have drunk 5 beers in an hour.

Is this a thing happening in other stores? What does "Power Hour" mean at Target?

I have yet to ask about it in store. I can only laugh when I hear the excitement of ETLs and TLs shouting out "Power Hour" over the walkie.

Power hour, at least at my store, is taking 15 minutes during the busiest sales hour of the day to walk around helping guests find things and making your presence known. At our store, we ask every single guest we if we can help them find something. The problem with this is that many guests are asked multiple times and get annoyed.

It's one hour of guest-focused service. Some stores don't perform any tasks during this hour, but at my store we're allowed to do tasks as long as we're approaching every guest in our area and asking them if they need assistance.

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea. I know many ETLs were fresh out of college and figured it was some type of store function lol. ;)

Last edited:
When "Power Hour" was first introduced, we called it "Peak Hour Service" at my store because the executive team didn't want to use the name of a drinking game. :p

Just out of curiosity, when did power hour start at your stores? We had our first power hour last Wednesday, and it was explained over walkie. Not even a mention at morning huddle

We started last year around this time because I remember the LODs freaking out about all the toys and seasonal Christmas CAFs on the line. That was when we were strictly told, "Guest service only! No tasks."
That changed when we would come back to 10-15 CAFs on the line after power hour.
We usually have a huddle beforehand, and the LOD would go over sales figures, the day's sales forecast, guest survey scores, deal featured in the ad and Cartwheel deals, et cetera.

Just out of curiosity, when did power hour start at your stores? We had our first power hour last Wednesday, and it was explained over walkie. Not even a mention at morning huddle

I've seen posts referring to Power Hour going back a year or two.

My store has being doing it for a while not. We call it peak hour. However, they recently started something new, where at the top of the hour ( every hour) you are suppose to make an extra effort to vibe with the guests.

Ok, "Power Hour" now means Peak Hour Service, to me at least. I'll probably just focus in on some poor soul and guest service them to annoyance just for kicks. :p

Power hour is when all the tls , etls and stl get together and consume large amounts of alcohol thus giving explanation to all the stupid ass direction we get

You could make a great Target walkie drinking game.
Every time they call for back up, take a shot.
Every time someone asks for the LOD take a shot.
Every time a call is so garbled you can't understand what they are saying take a shot.
Every time the GSTL calls out that someone got a red card take a shot.
Code Brown two shots.
Paper jam in kiosk (if you still have them) a sip of beer because that's going to be repeating all damn day.

The prize for the game is making it through a four hour shift without alcohol poisoning.

Ive been with Target for over a year and only last week even heard about the Power Hour thing. We are a ULV with a super laid back DTL and STL. Our new ETL-LOG was the one who got us on the Power Hour thing, or so I was told

Every time a call is so garbled you can't understand what they are saying take a shot.
Code Brown two shots.
Paper jam in kiosk (if you still have them) a sip of beer because that's going to be repeating all damn day.

The prize for the game is making it through a four hour shift without alcohol poisoning.
LMAOOO. Thanks your now an accessory to my death.

Shot glasses will be obsolete . We will just need the bottles

We would have had alcohol poisoning based on this alone. One of ours was broken so it repeated itself even when no one was using it, including before open, and after close.

Code Brown two shots.

I'd be done within 5 minutes...

@RunForACallBox but damn if I am up for a challenge. Young enough with what I think is a healthy liver, bring it.

No shame in admitting defeat though. If anything, it would be low caliber beer in the first place. Ugh.

"Power hour" is used at my store to refer to peak sales hour. All TMs are to ask CIHYFS to passing guests in their depts and any cashiers scoring REDcards at the front lanes during the hour get a requisitioned prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back