Archived PPTL BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid7

PMT (former, signing and pricing/Plano TL)
I am sick and tired, physically and mentally, of my ETLs saying that I don't communicate enough with them. I distribute all the early set notes that come in and print and distribute the ones that don't. I keep the adjacencies and VAs organized and distribute extras. I even had two red board put up in my office to display my adjacency calendar for the current week and two weeks out along with the same for pricing workload forcast. I also have the metrics for both dept. displayed as well as the vibe score. TM eaches by week, PCV reason codes, and sales floor accuracy issues report displayed and updated every Monday. I have a GIANT calendar with workload for the week divided up by person and the hrs it should take and their initials next to the POGs on the adjacency calendar on the wall. I also do the pre-ties. Have that up on the wall as well. I call out PCVs every day at 11 sharp. Alarm in my phone. I used to write a recap email every single Friday, to which everyone would reply, Ok, so I stopped. Now I only do it for big sets whether we're behind or not. I also used to call out the missing POGs for soft lines and sales planners and ask what the plan was. ( got ripped apart for doing that. Said I was being rude and should ask in person). I call out our big sets in the god damn huddle every week!

Needless to say, today I got sat down and told, I don't communicate enough, because... *Drum roll* I didn't write out in detail and tell my ETL Log what my plan was to catch up old POGs that were missed while I was out for a week. I said, it's on my calendar. When we are done doing the set for this week, I'm gonna have half the team work on revision and the other half on old POGs. Mind you, the POGs missed were hair care. Those are 12+ hr POGs. While I was away, they cut my hours and scheduled my team for 5.5 HR shifts. So I said, well those POGs are huge. I'm not gonna put it on there cause I don't know if they can get them done. They're scheduled for 5.5 hrs. To which they replied, I should have communicated that I didn't have enough hours and even though they don't have any to give me then at least they would have known. And then they asked me if I write my schedule. Like WTF? Um yeah I write my god damn schedule and you mofos chopped it up. On top of that how would me telling them that maybe we will be able to do a 12 hr POG in 5.5 hrs, maybe, is in any way relevant? They said that it makes it harder for them to follow up with my team when I don't tell them exactly what is going on. I said, um look at my calendar that's in my office every day, in a much nicer way n tone. This bs went on for half hour. Half hour that I won't get back from setting. I said so many times before, it is impossible for me to be as logistically detailed as other dept. when my 40 hrs are part of the workload! I don't get that time back. My Log asked if the appointed time for POGs is how long they should take and I gave her the stankest eyes... I said, yes, but it would help if the flow team didn't over push, her face turned red, and the ETLs didn't flex every single aisle.

I think i pissed them off.​
I also would have more time if every single one of my ETLs didn't just dump crap in the fixture room or actually did work instead of Starbucks n chill every morning after huddle.

I am sick and tired, physically and mentally, of my ETLs saying that I don't communicate enough with them. I distribute all the early set notes that come in and print and distribute the ones that don't. I keep the adjacencies and VAs organized and distribute extras. I even had two red board put up in my office to display my adjacency calendar for the current week and two weeks out along with the same for pricing workload forcast. I also have the metrics for both dept. displayed as well as the vibe score. TM eaches by week, PCV reason codes, and sales floor accuracy issues report displayed and updated every Monday. I have a GIANT calendar with workload for the week divided up by person and the hrs it should take and their initials next to the POGs on the adjacency calendar on the wall. I also do the pre-ties. Have that up on the wall as well. I call out PCVs every day at 11 sharp. Alarm in my phone. I used to write a recap email every single Friday, to which everyone would reply, Ok, so I stopped. Now I only do it for big sets whether we're behind or not. I also used to call out the missing POGs for soft lines and sales planners and ask what the plan was. ( got ripped apart for doing that. Said I was being rude and should ask in person). I call out our big sets in the god damn huddle every week!

Needless to say, today I got sat down and told, I don't communicate enough, because... *Drum roll* I didn't write out in detail and tell my ETL Log what my plan was to catch up old POGs that were missed while I was out for a week. I said, it's on my calendar. When we are done doing the set for this week, I'm gonna have half the team work on revision and the other half on old POGs. Mind you, the POGs missed were hair care. Those are 12+ hr POGs. While I was away, they cut my hours and scheduled my team for 5.5 HR shifts. So I said, well those POGs are huge. I'm not gonna put it on there cause I don't know if they can get them done. They're scheduled for 5.5 hrs. To which they replied, I should have communicated that I didn't have enough hours and even though they don't have any to give me then at least they would have known. And then they asked me if I write my schedule. Like WTF? Um yeah I write my god damn schedule and you mofos chopped it up. On top of that how would me telling them that maybe we will be able to do a 12 hr POG in 5.5 hrs, maybe, is in any way relevant? They said that it makes it harder for them to follow up with my team when I don't tell them exactly what is going on. I said, um look at my calendar that's in my office every day, in a much nicer way n tone. This bs went on for half hour. Half hour that I won't get back from setting. I said so many times before, it is impossible for me to be as logistically detailed as other dept. when my 40 hrs are part of the workload! I don't get that time back. My Log asked if the appointed time for POGs is how long they should take and I gave her the stankest eyes... I said, yes, but it would help if the flow team didn't over push, her face turned red, and the ETLs didn't flex every single aisle.

I think i pissed them off.​
I also would have more time if every single one of my ETLs didn't just dump crap in the fixture room or actually did work instead of Starbucks n chill every morning after huddle.
I just got coached for saying the same thing about tls and the fixture room...whatever. Hope they don't take it out on you like my crew is. I now have to nod and smile and agree to everything no matter how impossible...

PPTL is the most stressful freaking TL position and you guys are constantly getting shit for stuff that's out of your hands. Bless your soul.

There is no way anyone could do those hair care pogs in 5.5 hours. We changed out all the dividers, stuff moved around, tons of stuff came
out of the backroom. We did a smart huddle push for the 3 tubs that came out for it otherwise it wouldn't have gotten pushed. We called everyone in the store over and it was done in 30 mins.

As far as communication goes you are doing what you should be doing. I plan out the week and send it out in an email. Nobody responds. I partner with my ETL everyday when we both are there and let him know where we are at and if anything changes. At the end of the week I send out a recap of where they are, if anything still needs to be done, and if any fixtures/signing is missing but nobody ever replies. I ran flow the other day when I was the only Lod in the building and sent out a recap and nobody said a word back to me. It's frustrating when you send out emails and It feels like nobody reads them.

I like that you post your scores in your office I think im going to start doing that. I have them in my book but it would be easier to see if they were posted.

I would just start over communicating every little thing until they get annoyed with you telling them too much.

When I send out e-mails I make sure to use the delivery confirmation and read confirmation....only my PPTL and STL who I BCC read them....the people who need to read them get lectured by my STL and then come and bitch at me. I've stopped sending them or trying to communicate about the salesplanners closet. We're just going to see how many years the leftovers can build up before my STL crumbles and makes them throw away their unset signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back