Archived Pre-tied, trapping, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

StackerMistress

What's a team lift?
Came into work the other day to find seven full pallets of new seasonal transition... grass seed, fertilizer, planters, stuff like that. ETL-LOG comes back and tells me that all this stuff has to be backstocked before tomorrow or it will severely hurt our Backroom Accuracy %. I look at all the crates, look at our SEA aisle, and realize that there is no way all of this is gonna fit in there, especially since the other half of the aisle is completely full of Easter candy. But, I do what I'm told, so after the CAFs are done, I start backstocking.

The closing LOD comes back, sees all those pallets, and the look on her face is clearly "WTF." She asks what I'm doing, I tell her, and she explains that these pallets should be pre-tied, wrapped, and put up on the steel so that when it's time to set them, we can just take them down and go. Backstocking it is a complete waste of time for everybody. So I ask if that should've been done with the Easter candy as well, she says yes. I ask whose responsibility it is to do that, she says the plano TL.

So, what is going on here?

The PTL should be doing pre-ties on Monday for upcoming sets. If the boxes come in with a B then you backstock it, if it has a S then you stage it. It's honestly not any more complicated than that. You can get into specifics of the best way to sort and stage, communication on new sets vs. already printed pick labels, backstocking smaller sets instead of staging, etc. but it's actually a straight forward and simple process.

As to your situation - The Log wanted it backstocked because it probably came in marked as backstock and the system is waiting on the the DPCI to be scanned in STO within 24 hours, this would impact the backstock percentage instead of the backroom accuracy. The closing LOD knows it's for a new set and wants it staged for the POG team. Either of them could be right or wrong, depending upon if the product is pretied or not. I'm not going into the justifications or ramifications on each decision since it's assumed we all know them, and of course each situation is different, etc. blah blah.

tldr - s = stage, b = backstock

The closing LOD comes back, sees all those pallets, and the look on her face is clearly "WTF." She asks what I'm doing, I tell her, and she explains that these pallets should be pre-tied, wrapped, and put up on the steel so that when it's time to set them, we can just take them down and go. Backstocking it is a complete waste of time for everybody. So I ask if that should've been done with the Easter candy as well, she says yes. I ask whose responsibility it is to do that, she says the plano TL.

So, what is going on here?

At our store the Planogram TL is responsible for making sure that the pre ties are done on time but the Flow TL is responsible for ensuring that they are trapped and palletized, ideally seperated by aisle. Now with that out of the way, we also trap ALL of the transition if it calls to be backstocked or not. This way works for us because the team member that is palletizing the transition pallets is also backstocking them onto a dummy location as they go along. If they do it this way it leaves the Hardline Exec happy because their Planogram team can get their freight quick and it makes the Logistics Exec happy because their backstock % will still be green and the planogram pulls will be smaller.

hey guys, just a heads up with the seasonal ties... we had an issue with the preties. i tied everything on the list (actually, i pretie every single thing on the adj calendar except softlines), and they show up on OLP as being pretied. but then, over half of the stuff did not come in marked as transition to be palletized and went straight to backstock. same with half the easter candy and several domestics pogs that i pretied. you can pull them up in the system and print the list that says pretied, even now. but stuff is still not getting trapped from the truck. so it may not be your ptl's fault (necessarily).
and like fenizfyre said, if you do get stuck with that amount of bs, just pull the pick label off, scan them all into a location, palletize them by pog, wrap them, and locu the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back