I'm Lost! Presentation Questions

I thought :
1. receiving the truck - will show on-hands as merch in the building, but NOT necessarily available for ordering.
2. Pre-tying a pog allows the merch to be “in the building as on-hands count” - but NOT available for purchase until formally tied to a location because DPCI’s on
a pre-tied pog do NOT have to be backstocked - the freight can be palletized, wrapped and trapped in steel as a whole (hopefully sorted by pre-tie location),
Once pog is set AND pushed, we untie the PRE-tie and TIE it - only THEN can it be ordered.
3. Freight that is acknowledged by truck, not pre-tied and not backstocked, is considered to automatically be on the salesfloor.

I thought :
1. receiving the truck - will show on-hands as merch in the building, but NOT necessarily available for ordering.
2. Pre-tying a pog allows the merch to be “in the building as on-hands count” - but NOT available for purchase until formally tied to a location because DPCI’s on
a pre-tied pog do NOT have to be backstocked - the freight can be palletized, wrapped and trapped in steel as a whole (hopefully sorted by pre-tie location),
Once pog is set AND pushed, we untie the PRE-tie and TIE it - only THEN can it be ordered.
3. Freight that is acknowledged by truck, not pre-tied and not backstocked, is considered to automatically be on the salesfloor.

That sounds about right. The official communication to fulfillment about this last year was that transition becomes orderable when it's set, tied or sold. I don't think backstocking it makes any difference, but I don't know. If it's located, it's not a problem for fulfillment if it can be ordered. Where we have problems is that every big transition for some reason we get sent some random NOP items that aren't part of the set at our store. That stuff can be ordered right away. Transition items getting sent in repacks with non-transition items is another issue as that stuff gets flexed out and if purchased becomes orderable.

The worst thing is to tie without actually setting and/or filling so it looks like things were done on time when they weren't.

Yeah, non-located transition shouldn’t be an issue. But locating it makes if findable. According to my ETL. But there are always exceptions too. Had an order for a transition item that came in on the truck today. Never had it in store prior and it was still on the line when I found it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

For something like mini seasonal or big transition you don’t pre-tie? That’s very wrong of you. And as a inbound Tl I wouldn’t trap anything since you would be messing with the sort and stock. I would send that to the dbo and say go and thank your Tl for not doing his/her job. And now it’s on your to backstock it .I own trucks All transition that comes off the truck pre-tied I put them on the steal with the pog # so everyone knows where their shit is.

Silly question: So when you pre-tie, it doesn't ask for OFOs? Is the pre tie just so when we get most of the product, we know where it goes and can easily tie it? Or is there another reason to pre tie?

Silly question: So when you pre-tie, it doesn't ask for OFOs? Is the pre tie just so when we get most of the product, we know where it goes and can easily tie it? Or is there another reason to pre tie?
YOU Pre-tie it so that way it gets trapped by aisle by inbound and push it quicker to the floor . For example I already pre-tied my bts last week, I’m already getting the freight which is trapped opposed today backstock then you don’t have a batch for it but you might have to do an exf once it’s set.

YOU Pre-tie it so that way it gets trapped by aisle by inbound and push it quicker to the floor . For example I already pre-tied my bts last week, I’m already getting the freight which is trapped opposed today backstock then you don’t have a batch for it but you might have to do an exf once it’s set.

I always wonder the difference between the terms trapping and staging. Trapping is stuff that come off the truck and staging is stuff that we already have in the store?

I always wonder the difference between the terms trapping and staging. Trapping is stuff that come off the truck and staging is stuff that we already have in the store?
Trapped is off the truck sorted and staged means you put it up on the steal with aisle no on it. If you set let say aisle f64. The trapped and stage pallet would be staged and labeled in the steal with TF64

Back