Pride merch

This is it. You can accept people but not their views. No one will ever agree on everything, some don't agree on anything.

Just because you are gay or trans or whatever doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Just do you and I'll do me.

I don't need to be reminded of it everyday. Why is there so many "national rememberance or visibility" days? There are a ton of underrepresented people in this country, why so much attention to the LGBTQ community? They make up such a small percentage of the population, yet it's all you hear about.

If you like something then you support it. If not then don't and leave me out of it. Stop trying to change my mind or the way I think. Maybe eventually people will get used to all of this change and it will improve. For me most of it doesn't make sense and I don't think it ever will.
Could you image if there were shirts in stores that said “straight rights” etc.

Could you image if there were shirts in stores that said “straight rights” etc.
What would be wrong with that? They could be sold right next to the Pride merchandise. Maybe even put on a mannequin.

How about mental health awareness month? In my opinion this is a much bigger issue in this country. Yet no shirts or displays in the store or talked about for weeks leading up to May when it starts. These people need support too, maybe more so.

What would be wrong with that? They could be sold right next to the Pride merchandise. Maybe even put on a mannequin.

How about mental health awareness month? In my opinion this is a much bigger issue in this country. Yet no shirts or displays in the store or talked about for weeks leading up to May when it starts. These people need support too, maybe more so.

Uh, May is Mental Health Awareness month.
And if Target could figure out a way to make money off it, they would.

Uh, May is Mental Health Awareness month.
And if Target could figure out a way to make money off it, they would.
I realize that May is mental health awareness month, they were "celebrating" pride in may. I haven't seen any posts of breakrooms decorated or boards in TSC in support of mental health last month.

It's all I see now is rainbow vomit in the break room, TSC and the sales floor.

Target "supporting" pride is just a huge joke. There are things that they could do to support the team that would have a bigger impact and reach more people than Pride.

I realize that May is mental health awareness month, they were "celebrating" pride in may. I haven't seen any posts of breakrooms decorated or boards in TSC in support of mental health last month.

Target "supporting" pride is just a huge joke. There are things that they could do to support the team that would have a bigger impact and reach more people than Pride.
It's over. Get over it and move on.

Whatever the stupid stores in the South and Midwest did, the Northeast still has their Pride display front of store. From what I've been told, my store has had no issues regarding it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pride displays, Black History Month displays, Women's History Month Displays, Hispanic Heritage Month Displays, or any other displays that are just trying to celebrate and/or bring awareness to groups or causes. If they wanted to do a Mental Health Awareness month display, I would have absolutely no problem with that.

And YOU and everyone else should have no problem with a Pride Month display. Bringing awareness to one thing does not take away from others. That fact that you are sooooo bothered by this is disgusting.

At this point I don't care if I get banned or get yelled at by Commie. I'm sick of your shit. STFU.

They make money off of Pride.
It's called rainbow washing.
It's capitalism.
They don't give a fuck about LGBTQ+ people except for how much money they can make off of them.
Which is why they don't do anything for Mental Health Month.
It's not a money maker.
Corporations are amoral.
They don't care about celebrating, having an impact, or reaching people.
They care about making money.
Your disdain, your disgust, notwithstanding Pride is a moneymaker for them.
They also have one of the highest number of college educated, millennial, and Gen Z workers.
Those groups identify as LGBTQ+ much more than any other.
So it doesn't hurt the company if they appear supportive of their TMs.
Again the company has one agenda, making money.
This time the crazy fucking bigots caused that not to happen.
Next year I suspect things will go back to normal.

It's over. Get over it and move on.

Whatever the stupid stores in the South and Midwest did, the Northeast still has their Pride display front of store. From what I've been told, my store has had no issues regarding it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Pride displays, Black History Month displays, Women's History Month Displays, Hispanic Heritage Month Displays, or any other displays that are just trying to celebrate and/or bring awareness to groups or causes. If they wanted to do a Mental Health Awareness month display, I would have absolutely no problem with that.

And YOU and everyone else should have no problem with a Pride Month display. Bringing awareness to one thing does not take away from others. That fact that you are sooooo bothered by this is disgusting.

At this point I don't care if I get banned or get yelled at by Commie. I'm sick of your shit. STFU.

You didn't insult them.
You voiced an opinion about their opinion.
Just cut it really close.
Might want to just put them on ignore from now on.

Well I'm equally sick of your shit, so I am going to tell you to STFU.

Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean I have to agree. This is America and I am allowed to have my own opinion and voice it how I'd like.

And I will tell you the same thing I told them.
Put them on block if they bother you that much.
You have every right to voice your opinion and they have every right to say it is a terrible opinion.
And so on and so on.
That is the American way.

Also while yes, freedom of speech is important we are a private entity and not the government.
There is some speech that will get you banned.

Yesterday was the first time we missed sales goal by any noticeable amount, and it was due to the air literally being poisonous outside in the northeast. Same story today.

Don't try to mask your hatred in concern. Your true intention is obvious.
Good point and something I've seen from several people who try to seem reasonable and concerned when talking about the Target situation. Their interest isn't the damage being done to people and the outrageous protests and threats of violence, but bending the conversation back to questioning certain people's right to exist. "Yeah the threats are bad, but..."

Extra large font is definitely more offensive.

You said there are things target could do to reach more people. What are your ideas? Maybe the corp lurkers will listen.
More support for the team at a store level. They offer a lot of phone consultation support etc. I have seen posts saying target is a safe space if you are LGBTQ and offering someone to talk to in the form of HR or SD. But never do you see or hear of anything for people that struggle with other stuff.

How about doing the same or similar for people who are struggling with food insecurity or mental health? On a store level is a lot more personal than talking to someone on the phone.

I had an old SD who would go above and beyond for certain TMs she knew were struggling. I remember one time she gave a $100 GC to a young man who was struggling to provide for his family.

I'm just tired of corporations, especially Target, doing everything for optics. Our district gives away Turkeys on Thanksgiving to a top performing TM. I know for a fact that the TM that received those turkey didn't need it, it should have gone to a family in need. But you bet your ass they made sure to take pictures and share them with everyone and post them on socials. It's all just such bullshit.

People on this board get so offended that Target is caving and taking down the pride merch or that the other side doesn't want it in the first place. They should really be mad at Target for not truly giving a shit like they think and doing it all for money. Target doesn't give a shit about you and are exploiting the Pride movement.

More support for the team at a store level. They offer a lot of phone consultation support etc. I have seen posts saying target is a safe space if you are LGBTQ and offering someone to talk to in the form of HR or SD. But never do you see or hear of anything for people that struggle with other stuff.

How about doing the same or similar for people who are struggling with food insecurity or mental health? On a store level is a lot more personal than talking to someone on the phone.

I had an old SD who would go above and beyond for certain TMs she knew were struggling. I remember one time she gave a $100 GC to a young man who was struggling to provide for his family.

I'm just tired of corporations, especially Target, doing everything for optics. Our district gives away Turkeys on Thanksgiving to a top performing TM. I know for a fact that the TM that received those turkey didn't need it, it should have gone to a family in need. But you bet your ass they made sure to take pictures and share them with everyone and post them on socials. It's all just such bullshit.

People on this board get so offended that Target is caving and taking down the pride merch or that the other side doesn't want it in the first place. They should really be mad at Target for not truly giving a shit like they think and doing it all for money. Target doesn't give a shit about you and are exploiting the Pride movement.

Yep, Target is just doing it for the money.
Everybody knows that.
They really do, I promise.
But it's more merch out there so this can happen.

=""

Last edited:
Yep, Target is just doing it for the money.
Everybody knows that.
They really do, I promise.
But it's more merch out there so this can happen.

352168831_179773108389252_929679196106111149_n.jpg
Love this.

My husband and I enjoy watching the show Barnwood Builders. It's about a team based out of West Virginia who tear down old log barns and other structures and either rebuild them elsewhere or repurpose the wood into new builds. It's a nice laid-back, easy-going show, and all the guys seem like sweethearts, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be surprised to hear they weren't exactly progressives. Very judgey of me, I know.

In a recent episode, they showed a scene of the woman who runs their store in West Virginia, Barnwood Living, getting it ready for opening, and there was a shot of her hanging a rainbow Welcome flag out front. It surprised me, and warmed my heart, honestly. It may seem inconsequential to some, but things like that matter.

Love this.

My husband and I enjoy watching the show Barnwood Builders. It's about a team based out of West Virginia who tear down old log barns and other structures and either rebuild them elsewhere or repurpose the wood into new builds. It's a nice laid-back, easy-going show, and all the guys seem like sweethearts, but I'd be lying if I said I'd be surprised to hear they weren't exactly progressives. Very judgey of me, I know.

In a recent episode, they showed a scene of the woman who runs their store in West Virginia, Barnwood Living, getting it ready for opening, and there was a shot of her hanging a rainbow Welcome flag out front. It surprised me, and warmed my heart, honestly. It may seem inconsequential to some, but things like that matter.
I'm sure they didn't do that only for optics 🙄

I'm sure they didn't do that only for optics 🙄

Once again you miss the point completely.

As the Civil Rights Movement started to gain traction there were stores and restaurants that posted signs saying they served all races, creeds, and colors.

People accused them of the same things you are;

1. shoving their faces in integration (they even had Bible verses to back up their evil bullshit)

2. Forcing their kids to associate with BIPOC. Hell, the town my wife where my wife taught in New Jersey, split into 3 towns so they could avoid integration. The South had nothing on some of the stuff they pulled in the North.

3. There used to be public pools all over the US. Take a wild guess why they don't exist anymore?

4. People who considered themselves to be moderate and even liberal hated MLK and really hated Malcolm X because they were "too pushy", "too radical".
They could have Rights but they needed to be quiet about and stay in their place.
It was unacceptable to put stress on the social order and totally disgusting to call out systemic racism.

5. And of course, the classic... they are selling out the white race just to make money.
Because that's a great way to sell a conspiracy theory especially one that involves us Jews.
Something I've already seen suggestions that we are the ones pushing the gay agenda.

So this is just a replay of the old hits and they would just be boring if they weren't so fucking dangerous.
The three young men who were beaten to death in Mississippi for trying to register Black voters is just one example from then.
Hell there were businesses burnt to the ground for serving Black customers.
How many is it going to take now for this to stop?

Last edited:
Back