Archived Printing off sheets of backroom location labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I know how to print off a single backroom location label but how do you create sheets of backroom location labels? I need some sheets of backroom location labels as cheat sheets because backroom, flow, and FDC team members are always messing with the labels which makes them hard to scan. I know you can create "batches" on the computer but how do you do that?

For example, if I want to create location labels for aisle 035 in the backroom, how do I do that? And what about the locations in receiving?

We used to have a master list of backroom location labels and it was amazing. It was like The Power Glove but of course the bubba flow team lead somehow took it with him when he left years ago. Yep, true story.

I know you can create a batch through RFapps on a PDA. "Create locations" (even if they already exist) and it'll walk you through. At the end you'll have a batch to print from the signing computer.

Sorry I don't remember step by step. I do it so infrequently I was surprised I remembered last time I actually had to.

Yea, it's under the "Location Management" option from the main menu on RF apps. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's under "Create Locations"

It'll ask you the stock room location(01a, 01b, 99c, etc), aisle number, then whether you want to print off a section(A, B, C, etc) or the entire aisle. I think then it'll ask you for lower casepack number(1 usually) and upper casepack number (8, 9, or 10), then lower open stock(25 at my store), then upper openstock (usually about 40 or so).

I'm probably a few steps off, but that's the general procedure. Just be sure not to accidently delete locations.

Yea, it's under the "Location Management" option from the main menu on RF apps. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it's under "Create Locations"

It'll ask you the stock room location(01a, 01b, 99c, etc), aisle number, then whether you want to print off a section(A, B, C, etc) or the entire aisle. I think then it'll ask you for lower casepack number(1 usually) and upper casepack number (8, 9, or 10), then lower open stock(25 at my store), then upper openstock (usually about 40 or so).

I'm probably a few steps off, but that's the general procedure. Just be sure not to accidently delete locations.
If this isn't enough to walk you through it I have it written down somewhere...from when I reprinted the coolers.

Printing the batch is really straightforward too. I printed some for the TL today with no instructions or prior experience using store apps and it was pretty easy to figure out.

Anyone know how to print all the aisle labels out on sheets of labels? Need it for doing MIR’s in Receiving as many of out aisles don’t have them for whatever reason.

Anyone know how to print all the aisle labels out on sheets of labels? Need it for doing MIR’s in Receiving as many of out aisles don’t have them for whatever reason.
You mean aisle labels on the sales floor for mirs? So you can work the sales floor bathches?

I know how to print off a single backroom location label but how do you create sheets of backroom location labels? I need some sheets of backroom location labels as cheat sheets because backroom, flow, and FDC team members are always messing with the labels which makes them hard to scan. I know you can create "batches" on the computer but how do you do that?

For example, if I want to create location labels for aisle 035 in the backroom, how do I do that? And what about the locations in receiving?

We used to have a master list of backroom location labels and it was amazing. It was like The Power Glove but of course the bubba flow team lead somehow took it with him when he left years ago. Yep, true story.
To create a complete aisle .
You go into the pda- rfap
1 location management
4 stockroom location
3 create location ( it will ask if you want single shelf or aisle ) always chose yes to to grouping
And then is 1,2,3 ( for lower , open or upper) .
Let’s say you want to do a whole aisle but just open stock , you will 01a for stockroom , letter a , no 21 to 42, then the pda will ask you if you want to create more y for yes n for no. If you select no then it will ask if you want to print on the main printer M ( which is the computer ) or portable printer P.
Same thing for recieving just that instead of 01a would be whatever is designed for recieving for me is 99b

Make sure you don’t add more aisle than you create z location and your ETL log will be pissed especially with the 13 steps going on

On zebra you go under mywork , Let’s say you need aisle label for F4 , under search you type F4 then you go to the bottom to see promo signs , click on that and then at the bottom again will say print aisle label. Connect to the printer and boom. You can start pulling your mirs on the sales floor

I have done it that way allnew2 but wasnt sure if can do whole sheets all at once rather than one by one.

I have done it that way allnew2 but wasnt sure if can do whole sheets all at once rather than one by one.
You can not do it the full sheet . However you can print those aisle label and actually put them on the aisle where the pog labels is how I did it , so my receiver won’t waste time to reprint the labels .

This probably doesn’t help, but I know it was possible at one time because my store had a binder with all of the salesfloor aisles kept at receiving. It was in order and separated by block.

You can do whole sheets. My Plano TL showed me how to do it because I needed a bunch of them for my MIRs.

This is just from the top of my head, I can look on Monday to double check that the steps are correct. On the signing computer you have to go to Salesfloor Aisle Management section. Then it is create new aisle location. Enter the range you want, and follow the prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back