Archived Printing SALE vs SALE CARDSTOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was printing some missing signs for the adset last week. I was asked to put in a 3x5 Sale Cardstock and it printed fine, and then the computer asked me to put in 3x5 Sale (just Sale) so I was dumbfounded but still put in a 3x5 Sale cardstock and it printed horizontally instead of vertically. So I'm asking, how to print this sign properly? Thanks!

It is referring to the old 3x5 papers back when we had to use the plastic holders to create all our signs. You SHOULD still have them around the computer just cause in rare cases they are used, for instance produce needs them for normal prices.

What was funny though is the 3x5 is pretty much only ever used for WHITE signs, normal prices on items that are not on sale. However sunday I printed some signs for a dairy endcap and even though the item was sale (special purchase actually, no reduction in price) it would only print them to the 3x5 white paper.

In such rare cases, you should still have some old style plastic sign holders around the sign room, slip the 3x5 paper into it and use cardstock to become the header+flag for the sign holder.

Hmm.. I haven't seen those before but I'll look again. Thanks, daemon! =)

It is referring to the old 3x5 papers back when we had to use the plastic holders to create all our signs. You SHOULD still have them around the computer just cause in rare cases they are used, for instance produce needs them for normal prices.

What was funny though is the 3x5 is pretty much only ever used for WHITE signs, normal prices on items that are not on sale. However sunday I printed some signs for a dairy endcap and even though the item was sale (special purchase actually, no reduction in price) it would only print them to the 3x5 white paper.

In such rare cases, you should still have some old style plastic sign holders around the sign room, slip the 3x5 paper into it and use cardstock to become the header+flag for the sign holder.

I wish in my store's mess of a fixture room I could find the plastic sign holders!!

Sometimes they are used under bullnoses places like appliances where a paper sign wouldn't hang correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back