Archived Problems with absences

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashedlolita

Really new
I've been having some health problems. I've been at target less than a year and I suffer from some pretty severe depression, anxiety, and I am still undergoing diagnosis. I've had to call off of work a number of times before, and the latest I called off was 5 hours before my shift. I called off today because of my father suffering from another stroke and I have to take care of my younger siblings while he recovers for the next two days. With my combined days called off for my mental health, and now with my dad's stroke (which was for only one day) I've received a warning for my absences. I was wondering if any of you had tips for dealing with your mental health issues to avoid too many absences and in general how you keep your absences low.

//If anyone wants some tips on how to speak with my GTSL about these issues and how it has caused my absences I do enjoy my job really

Depends on the stores sometimes; there'll be a new roll-out or some other ill-conceived change & that thread will explode.
Many folks may be on a precarious balance & it may only take one little fustercluck to throw it off.
That's one reason we're here.

Depends on the stores sometimes; there'll be a new roll-out or some other ill-conceived change & that thread will explode.
Many folks may be on a precarious balance & it may only take one little fustercluck to throw it off.
That's one reason we're here.
Mm that's true, I do hate calling off because now someone else has their schedule changed and most people don't like that.

Yes get a note for your dads stroke so that's covered... Hope he's OK!!

As for the mental health, I have severe anxiety and found that once I knew what I was doing at work it calmed down alot. I'm also on medication that I take only as needed but if you can get it in your head that guests are going to be asshats and there's nothing you can do, it helps a little too.

Also maybe change your availability to one day a week off for sure (which ever one you would think is best.. Probably not a weekend day though, they probably wouldn't approve that) so that could be your unwind day? You could always open it up once you're feeling more adjusted.

Yes get a note for your dads stroke so that's covered... Hope he's OK!!

As for the mental health, I have severe anxiety and found that once I knew what I was doing at work it calmed down alot. I'm also on medication that I take only as needed but if you can get it in your head that guests are going to be asshats and there's nothing you can do, it helps a little too.

Also maybe change your availability to one day a week off for sure (which ever one you would think is best.. Probably not a weekend day though, they probably wouldn't approve that) so that could be your unwind day? You could always open it up once you're feeling more adjusted.
outside mental health, just get a note for your dad's stroke. that'll excuse that.

Is there a way to get an official note for a family emergency? I'll see if I can. Aah that's a great idea glitter I honestly didn't believe I would be scheduled four days in a row ever. Haha.

Is there a way to get an official note for a family emergency? I'll see if I can. Aah that's a great idea glitter I honestly didn't believe I would be scheduled four days in a row ever. Haha.

I would think so. Just go where he was and let them know you need a note for work. They usually don't mind writing one up at all. And yeah totally I did that when I first started had one day for sure off a week. I did Wed so it was right in the middle and once I was OK I opened it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back