Archived Process for becoming ETL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, quick question: what is the process for going from TL to ETL? How long does it typically take once you begin "prepping" and what can a TL do to expedite the process?

It takes a while. Usually they'll promote you to Senior Team Lead before ETL to see how you balance LOD shifts with responsibilities in your workcenter, and how well you deal with high scope situations.

To expedite the process, be on your A game 100% of the time. Go above and beyond in your workcenter and others. Be a real leader, not just a glorified TM. Take partners with TLs of other workcenters and (even better) ETLs. And make your ETL and STL believe in you as much as possible, as once you're a senior, they'll be the ones pitching you to the DTL for the promotion once you've been in role for 18 months.

I thought you had to have a degree to even be a TL these days

Nahh. Only in certain stores or districts. ETLs all have their BA in my area, but I've heard of people making it with just an Associate's.

Last edited:
Nope.

You don't even need a degree to become an ETL, but if you don't have a degree you'd better have relevant experience and your STL and DTL's full support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back