Archived Project Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the YC VMG for May 6th. There is a product rollout for apparel, which includes some house essentials and accessories pet beds, mugs, backpacks, pins, etc). Our store is A&A 2.0, so I don't know about yours. But if you check the VMG you should see it under Young Contemporary, or if you are chain, most likely under the regular RTW VMG.

It’s Mickey’s 90th birthday or something like that. There is a decent amount of apparel in RTW, more in Boys and Girls (part of a fairly large licensed shop set), items in Mini Seasonal, and the goldfish crackers. The items aren’t street-dated but they can’t set prior to 5/13 except for the goldfish. We’ve already received a full bar of clothing that is just hanging out in the backroom. I believe the set is supposed to be around 20 hours?

It’s Mickey’s 90th birthday or something like that. There is a decent amount of apparel in RTW, more in Boys and Girls (part of a fairly large licensed shop set), items in Mini Seasonal, and the goldfish crackers. The items aren’t street-dated but they can’t set prior to 5/13 except for the goldfish. We’ve already received a full bar of clothing that is just hanging out in the backroom. I believe the set is supposed to be around 20 hours?

Then my store is fucking up, cause I saw them pulling all the Domestics pogs to set today/tomorrow.. <grabs popcorn sees chaos happen at checklanes>

If you are a chain store like me & don't have the white moveable walls you should have gotten then by now. My PMT built mine today to be put on the RTW floorpad. All the fixtures for it came on a pallet. Fun times.

If you are a chain store like me & don't have the white moveable walls you should have gotten then by now. My PMT built mine today to be put on the RTW floorpad. All the fixtures for it came on a pallet. Fun times.

Not all chain stores are getting fixturing sent in for this, only about 700 stores are. My store is chain, but we have to use the fixtures we already own. My VM was very concerned about not having the "correct" movable walls but she'll just have to get over it and make do.

Then my store is fucking up, cause I saw them pulling all the Domestics pogs to set today/tomorrow.. <grabs popcorn sees chaos happen at checklanes>

Not going to happen. The product is not street dated, so if it's out of your backroom then it's likely to be gone when you need to set it. IMHO if it sales who cares but I can't imagine your STL will look good if your DTL walks it and you have hardly anything. Set date, btw, has changed to 5-11....no longer 5-13.

Not going to happen. The product is not street dated, so if it's out of your backroom then it's likely to be gone when you need to set it. IMHO if it sales who cares but I can't imagine your STL will look good if your DTL walks it and you have hardly anything. Set date, btw, has changed to 5-11....no longer 5-13.

Ok didn't know it wasn't street dated, but my store doesn't give a fuck it seems about set dates or if we actually have product on the floor. I didn't have time to actually eat popcorn and watch for the chaos anyway to buried in SFS that we are way over forecast with no damn help.

Well some parts of flow team have already bungled part of the process at my store. There were random unlocated Mickey Mouse tablecloths just hanging out on a base deck in
Seasonal yesterday. Haven’t seen the goldfish yet, which surprises me because there are tons of schools and young kids in our area so you’d think I’d have seen or heard something about them by now.

Yeah. Our Mickey hang is backstocked in assortments STILL. Prob gonna be stuck pulling and hanging it all. While also trying to get 100 hours of workload miraculously completed this week. And finishing men's basics from last week... This week is loco.

We started setting this the other night. It's taking up space in RTW and the front of girls. I don't know where they're going to put it, as softlines is compressed for remodel, but whatever.

i love how the company shifts entire sets from a sunday to a friday, yea its 2 days earlier but its a fiscal week difference! there is no way to shift entire workload over like that and make it work! also hate how "everything with mickey must be set my store open friday" there are like several sales planners, some pogs in mini with a FEW items, softllines and all over the place. these kind of sets lately have been a shit show.

Someone put a micky mouse plush in my returns because they figured it belongs in toys but it was actually a dog toy.....just picture your dog chewing up mickey mouse....

My store is apparently a NextGen store that doesn't get overheads I THINK, and we don't have a focal for bedding.

We have overheads and a bedding focal sign. smh

My store is apparently a NextGen store that doesn't get overheads I THINK, and we don't have a focal for bedding.

We have overheads and a bedding focal sign. smh

NextGen are not suppose to get overheads? That's weird. I'm a NextGen and just put up our Mickey and Memorial FOS overheads. Put up our focal bedding sign as well. But I had to switch our endcap gondola from 3' to 4' (for some reason it was 3' after remodel)

i love how the company shifts entire sets from a sunday to a friday, yea its 2 days earlier but its a fiscal week difference! there is no way to shift entire workload over like that and make it work! also hate how "everything with mickey must be set my store open friday" there are like several sales planners, some pogs in mini with a FEW items, softllines and all over the place. these kind of sets lately have been a shit show.
I get to bill my store for returning phone calls about this shit today. Because they changed their minds again and I'm off till the Saturday overnight we scheduled. I'm making my etl come in and play monkey to help hang stuff. Easiest pay I've reared in years.

They always come up with some theme to amplify sales and hype up the guests. I wonder how much of it will be returned or end up auctioned on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back