Archived Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got promoted to GSA this week! We had three openings for GSA and I was promoted to fill one of those slots. :yahoo:
Any advice from all you GSAs out there?

Good luck sums it up pretty well. Read the GSTL/GSA + point of sale guides in the guides forum.

GSA is a job pretty much no one wants to do because it sucks. When I applied, there were a few other people who management wanted to interview, but those individuals didn't apply because GSA expectations are a joke compared to other N07 positions. Those individuals ended up with other N07 positions (Electronics for one), which was a much better deal for them.

good luck! gsa and gstl can be a handful

Where were you before the promotion?

I was hired about 20 months ago as a cashier. Shortly after I was moved to Guest Service/Photo and Instocks. I really enjoyed Instocks, it gave me a bigger picture of how the whole store was run.

Good luck sums it up pretty well. Read the GSTL/GSA + point of sale guides in the guides forum.

GSA is a job pretty much no one wants to do because it sucks. When I applied, there were a few other people who management wanted to interview, but those individuals didn't apply because GSA expectations are a joke compared to other N07 positions. Those individuals ended up with other N07 positions (Electronics for one), which was a much better deal for them.

Funny, we actually had nine people apply for the three open GSA positions. Our ETL-GE was surprised because people don't usually apply for it. Personally, I would rather have GSA than any other PG NO7 position because of the supervisory experience. I'm interested in becoming a Team Lead, so GSA is a great stepping stone. I'll admit, it isn't for everyone. The stress level is high. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it! :nah:

Also, I just read the GSTL/GSA guide. Thank you, it was very informative.

...What I want to know is what happened to the 3 GSAs whose spots were filled.....

Drink. A lot.

And prepare for hell.

I've always thought GSA should be a higher paygrade than PG N07. Even a bump up to N09 would be better. To think that plano, electronics, and Starbucks are all getting the same pay and don't have to fulfill a leadership role as well as taking care of 10 different things at once.

Wait what, Plano is the same paygrade as electronics and starbucks, why? Also does anyone know what paygrade pfresh is

Thanks guys! And I agree, it would be nice if GSAs were on a higher pay grade.

...What I want to know is what happened to the 3 GSAs whose spots were filled.....

Well, one of our GSTLs quit, so one of our GSAs was prompted to fill that role. The second GSA resigned (some things happened with her family and she had to take care of them, so she had to resign). The third GSA was sacked. I'm not sure exactly what happened.
So a Food Ave TM, a Photo TM, and I were all promoted to fill those roles.

I think out of all the positions at the store, GSA and GSTL are the ones I absolutely would never want to do, along with working Food Ave or Guest Service. It def is not for everyone but I wish you luck and hopefully you enjoy it =).

I enjoyed working Guest Service/Photo because they were my strongest areas.. Had a lot of success in fixing peoples problems and was recognized on a consistent basis for it.

I absolutely hated being scheduled GSTL/GSA because I had to deal with all the *****y leaders.

Food Ave TM > GSA ? Food Ave is N07 at my store, not sure why they'd do that unless they wanted out of food BAD.

So I finally got promoted to GSA this week! We had three openings for GSA and I was promoted to fill one of those slots. :yahoo:

Congrats! I just recently was promoted to a team leader. Previous to TL I was GSA. There's a lot of work included in being a GSA... but overall I guess it isn't too bad. It got really old covering Starbucks & Food Ave's breaks and lunches all the time. I enjoyed GSA for awhile but then I just became burned out. I wish you lots of luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. It's wise to establish a good connection with your GSTL's. Communication is everything. You can't communicate enough!

I think out of all the positions at the store, GSA and GSTL are the ones I absolutely would never want to do, along with working Food Ave or Guest Service. It def is not for everyone but I wish you luck and hopefully you enjoy it =).

I remember the first day when I became GSA I was yelled at by two elderly people for at least ten minutes. LMAO

Wait what, Plano is the same paygrade as electronics and starbucks, why? Also does anyone know what paygrade pfresh is

I believe backroom and flow are also N07. PA might be N09, but I'm not 100% certain.

Yup, PA is N09.

Congrats! I just recently was promoted to a team leader. Previous to TL I was GSA. There's a lot of work included in being a GSA... but overall I guess it isn't too bad. It got really old covering Starbucks & Food Ave's breaks and lunches all the time. I enjoyed GSA for awhile but then I just became burned out. I wish you lots of luck and I hope everything goes smoothly. It's wise to establish a good connection with your GSTL's. Communication is everything. You can't communicate enough!

I had about 1.5 years as a GSA, had some bumps along the way but overall enjoyed myself for the most of it. After about a year I started getting seriously burned out on it though.

Thanks! I want to become a TL too, so I will put my best effort into making myself stand out. We have two GSTLs at my store (One is a Sr.TL-GE) and I have very good connections with both of them. One was a former GSA too.

Congrats. Im a new started GSA too. Im excited.

Thanks! Good luck!

If your interested in moving up in Target, you are definitely on the right path! Embrace every moment, whether it is easy or hard and take everything as a learning experience. All of these combined will move you forward. Make sure to partner with your leaders to help guide you in the right direction. After all, they will be the ones approving your promotional status. :) Good luck!

Congrats. Im a new started GSA too. Im excited.

Thanks! Good luck!

If your interested in moving up in Target, you are definitely on the right path! Embrace every moment, whether it is easy or hard and take everything as a learning experience. All of these combined will move you forward. Make sure to partner with your leaders to help guide you in the right direction. After all, they will be the ones approving your promotional . :) Good luck!

Thank you! All my leaders are very supportive. I hope I can learn from their expertise.

Yeah, PA is N09 and I think it's criminal that I make more than GSA's when I think they have a crazy hard job. Ugh. Could not, would not ever take that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back