Archived Promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am past my 90 day probation period, I have actually been a cashier for about 5-6 months , when is it appropriate to start looking for a promotion? I have trained at each place in the front end like service desk and food avenue , I'm trying to be a GSA or a Gstl is that possible so soon ?

You'll have to wait for a position to open up first. Try learning areas outside of the front end; you'll have a better chance of being promoted that way. Also, show your leaders that you can take on more responsibility. They'll want to see that before you become a team lead. It is possible to be promoted that soon, but it's more likely after a year.

AE 2015 will be out in the new year and no doubt more leadership positions will removed. After that you will see a stream of people being forced out followed by others leaving just fed up. So maybe the summer you will see spots open up.

Yeah I can see them combining flow/BR TL for ULV.

This has already happened. My store is ULV and we have one Replenishment TL over the entire logistics process. It actually works just fine because it leaves more hours for BR TMs to clean up the backroom.

For the OP I would say it's worth talking to your GSTL and letting them know that you are interested in the GSA position. That way they will know you want to promote and can start helping you prepare if they feel you are ready. I don't think it matters how long you've been there, as long as you perform well and can get along with the team it shouldn't be a factor.

So I am past my 90 day probation period, I have actually been a cashier for about 5-6 months , when is it appropriate to start looking for a promotion? I have trained at each place in the front end like service desk and food avenue , I'm trying to be a GSA or a Gstl is that possible so soon ?
Let your ETL and GSTL know. If you express interest, they will start watching you.

The biggest thing you want to do is brag a little (not snobbish). Let them know you got so many red cards this week. Or cleaned one of the machines at FA. Or vibed a guest. And make sure you write those Vibe cards.

Last edited:
Is it a way to go through an LOD or something instead of the gstl , because me and the gstl have an awkward relationship.

Partner with a leader you feel comfortable with.

I've heard of a flow team member going around the flow tl AND ETL log, straight to the STL.

If your looking for a promotion then you better give up. I have been led on multiple times and everytime the position was officially open it was kept a secret and fresh meat from college was brought in only to fuck it up royally but still they move up.

It seems this company has shifted towards cencoring and only putting effort into holding tm"s back while creating a rich , warm and inviting environment for tls etls and stls. We all work at a red wal mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back