Archived Prompted by dating thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the deal with team members hanging out with leadership outside of work? I know that it probably depends on the store and stuff but I was thinking about this today and I'm wondering how it is at your stores.

At mine, it seems fine and some even hang out with the people they supervise, which I don't think that I would do. I don't see a problem otherwise. Honestly, the only people I can see myself actually meeting up with are people I worked with before I became a TL or a few other TLs. There aren't any ETLs with whom I could see myself wanting to spend time with outside of work.

I was just thinking about it because I had a TM today that told me they would hang out with me if they were allowed to.

I was just thinking about it because I had a TM today that told me they would hang out with me if they were allowed to.

As long as it's completely separate from work and you don't show favoritism, I don't see an issue with it.

Spot doesn't GAS if you and another TM are an item. Don't be swapping spit in the breakroom and you'll be just fine.

As long as it's completely separate from work and you don't show favoritism, I don't see an issue with it.
Ah, but that's such a slippery slope, isn't it? I'll give you an example:

TM has been at the store for maybe 4 or 5 months so far. She hangs out with one GSTL, they take smoke breaks together, etc. The time came to name people to suggest for GSA. GSTL names her friend. All the other GSTLs and GSAs say no. ETL likes that said person is loud friendly and probably pushes up the VIBE score and gets REDcards so everyone else is overruled. Also, GSTL is the most senior and ETL tends to favor that GSTL. Now, is it favoritism or something else? Mind you, this TM jumped over a few other recommended TMs who have a much better work ethic and managerial skills than GSTL's friend.

TM and TL - It depends on the circumstances and how it can be perceived.
I went over to my GSTLs for Thanksgiving. Perfectly fine.
However, I had another GSTL get shuffled off the lanes because he bought beers for a couple TMs at a bar off-the-clock.

TM and ETL - Pretty much a no no. Looks like favoritism.

As you said, it really depends on your store, and quite honestly how you are perceived by other TMs and/or leadership.

At my first store I rarely hung out with anyone, let alone TLs, outside of work. It was a good store but in hindsight a bit more strict than my current one (or maybe that was just my perception, being so new to Target). I was also in college and had plenty of friends around town (who didn't work at Target) to hang out with.

At my current store it's a bit more relaxed, and I hang out with people more outside of work. The person I hang out with most is one of our Senior TLs. I've also had dinner a couple of times with our ETL-Salesfloor and his partner. And I'm AP. Basically, it boils down to your store's culture and how your STL feels about it.

7e6VVCl.jpg

I wonder how people are finding time for all of this at target. I hope I could do that too 🙄😕

They do if you're AP so secret relationship for me
Our ETL-AP was actually living with our SrTL- LOG on the DL. So DL no one at the store knew about it. Correction, at least one person discovered it because one day they were both GONE. Don't know how they were found out. Maybe someone saw them together on a night out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back