Pronoun Name Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you know it was yours that they messed up then?
The only reason I make that presumption was at the time... I was told by HR that my name tag was the only one missing in the order, and they had received a "Steve" in the mix. My tag was either printed as Steve, or more likely, the printers swapped the tags and the two were sent to separate stores. Either way -- the whole system/process is screwy, like a lot of Target Operations.

Hey Guys -- Let's all calm down, and try to stay on point. I'd prefer not to lock this thread, and allow the discussion to continue.

- HL4

I mean......I don't wanna, but you asked so fucking nicely!!! :mad:
uPSXkrQ.png

I dont consider myself trans but I do like to occasionally dress up in drag although I’m a Man. I remember the days when everyone used to call us he-shes. Lol still cracks me up to this day

I'm not sure I understand... so they print whatever you want over your name??? As a hetero male, what would be over my name?

Reminds me of....
8aR46Rq.jpg

I guess even corporate hires idiots sometimes.

How did they misinterpret "(blank)" as, "hmm, you know what? Someone may need a name tag with "(blank)" on it! Hell, make it 20!"

Interesting thread. No matter what my nametag says, guests call me and and other TMs whatever the hell they want with no care in the world. Theres mututal apathy though, as long as I can get my money.

Also, f you're cool with your ETLHR, you can almost put anything on the badge. My ex-SbuxTL had his name-tag say "Vanilla" on top...as a joke...get it?????...

Something to take away.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm against open restrooms and fitting rooms and such.

However I'm employed by a company that allows such things, so it's not a problem.

I can choose to work somewhere else, but Target overall has been good to me, so I don't.

Someone be offended for me. You guys seem good at that.

My main issue with this thread, is it suggests guests think TMs are people, and think we even have pronouns. Guests usually refer to me by what they're looking for. "BREAD! EGGS! SOAP!"

HR can request badges with additional text. Especially for TMs with extra skills or quick blurbs about the TM.

Seen them with Trainer, 10+ Years, Hearing Impaired, In A Wheelchair But Able to Help, CAN I HELP YOU FIND SOMETHING, HERE TO HELP YOU, Espanol, Signing Knowledgeable

The part that bugs me is....why are they using 3rd person pronouns? On the (rare) occasions a person is polite, they use "Miss" "Mr." "ma'am" or "sir" to address you.

And why is there three variants of the pronouns on the nametag? Do they assume that we're too stupid to know all the variants of she/he?

And if there's a boycott over this and the company loses significant money to it, guess whose hours will go down and guess whose salaries will not.

But don't forget to be proud of our bigwigs and the selfless sacrifices they make for social justice.

And if there's a boycott over this and the company loses significant money to it, guess whose hours will go down and guess whose salaries will not.

But don't forget to be proud of our bigwigs and the selfless sacrifices they make for social justice.

And guess who's going to boycott? Everyone who already wasn't shopping at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back