Archived PTO Payout

Status
Not open for further replies.

retailfairy

Beauty TM
Just need a little clarity. Our HR rep is relatively new, almost never there, and many don’t go to them to ask for help or anything.

I was told by HR that when you take PTO that you have to complete every day that has been taken as PTO before the company pays out and then it processes late. So, essentially, I will get a paycheck with one week on it and the next with three weeks on it. Then my pay cycle returns to normal. (edit to add I am taking 30 hrs PTO during this week in question)

How true is this/am I missing or not understanding something?

PTO replaces hours you didn't work during that week. You should get 30 hours PTO and whatever you worked the other week on one check. It doesn't have to be the next week, unless you put in for it after the PTO week. Even then, you have time to get it in.

I was told by HR that when you take PTO that you have to complete every day that has been taken as PTO before the company pays out and then it processes late. So, essentially, I will get a paycheck with one week on it and the next with three weeks on it. Then my pay cycle returns to normal. (edit to add I am taking 30 hrs PTO during this week in question)

How true is this/am I missing or not understanding something?

Nothing is late unless you submitted your PTO request after payroll closed for the week that you want to use PTO. Payroll for each work week (Sunday to Saturday) closes on the following Monday. If you submit all of your PTO requests ahead of time, then everything makes it onto your paychecks like usual. Which two work weeks goes on which paycheck is the same as usual.

What HR meant was that they cannot approve the PTO request that you submitted until that work week is over. Why? It is because they are not allowed to let the combined total of your Total Worked Hours for that Week and PTO (Vac/PH) be more than your Average Hours.

Example: If you have already submitted a PTO request to use 30 hours for this week but you had worked 5 hours (same week) before leaving for vacation and your Average Hours is 30, then you will only get 25 hours approved for PTO on this upcoming Sunday/Monday when HR does payroll. If your pay day is next Friday, then this 25 hours of PTO makes it onto that Friday check.

Last edited:
HRLady thank you. That was extremely helpful.

I am taking the entire week Sunday thru Saturday off, but only 30 hours of it will be PTO, the rest unpaid. I average 30/wk. So it makes sense now :)

It’s good to know I will be able to pay rent and still eat with that paycheck!

HRLady thank you. That was extremely helpful.

I am taking the entire week Sunday thru Saturday off, but only 30 hours of it will be PTO, the rest unpaid. I average 30/wk. So it makes sense now :)

It’s good to know I will be able to pay rent and still eat with that paycheck!

You're welcome! :)

Since you plan to take all 7 days of the work week off without working at all, you should get the full 30 hours approved when that work week is over.

Have a nice vacation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back