Archived Push all truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other stores doing a push all truck for flow? We just started on Monday to push all and I feel like this idea blows bananas.

We just switched a couple weeks ago.. I hate it. Bowling out boxes and on the floor after the store opens? That looks like crap. Before we couldn't do it because it was a "safety issue" ... seriously?

My gripe is more workload for certain team members because most of the time other flow members are running out the door abandoning the truck and the team.

Any other stores doing a push all truck for flow? We just started on Monday to push all and I feel like this idea blows bananas.

It is far more efficient. I have seen it done in stores successfully where they rarely take trailers below 2700 everyday of the week. Your BRTMs will not have truck backstock anymore, and therefore can help push as well (for the first part of your wave). Then they go back and keep up with the Backstock from the wave. Your floor will be more full, and you have removed a majority of the human error caused when scanning the truck.

We also are phasing out repacks and using every vehicle we have (tubs,flats and carts) to put bs on. Everything is changing pretty fast.

It is far more efficient. I have seen it done in stores successfully where they rarely take trailers below 2700 everyday of the week. Your BRTMs will not have truck backstock anymore, and therefore can help push as well (for the first part of your wave). Then they go back and keep up with the Backstock from the wave. Your floor will be more full, and you have removed a majority of the human error caused when scanning the truck.

Because autofills don't exist for the backroom to pull? Also the backroom still gets truck backstock, it just comes significantly later so it's less likely to be done.

There's also transition that can be sorted as soon as the truck is unloaded and auto fills are done. But no, we have to work toys, so we are behind every day. If you want us to work toys for you, sort transition as it comes off the truck for us.

Sure the floor will be more full until In-Stocks comes through and pulls all the crap that should have been back stock in the first place. We are still fighting this fight.. With Flow losing badly.

No locations - push anywhere! (hint: It will set next week)
2nd locations -empty!
Home location - stuffed so full its falling on the floor!
Or they stack it so high on a top shelf - concussion happens when it falls off on to the head of the poor soul who dares to pull it down.
Or flex it to the empty product next to the one you just overpacked, then back stock that one.

Sorry for the snark. I know it can be done right, the learning curve is pretty damn steep and you have to have a crew who can understand the "what and the why" and please explain that back stock is not a crime. Which is what we had one ETL making it out to be.. Instead of teaching her crew how to do it right, speed comes but wrong is always wrong.

Push all didn't make any of that new. There should have always been backstock from flow. It's is still up to them whether they should open a case for one item, or leave the case closed and send it to the back. Yes I know we are supposed to push to the piece, but that's dumb.

the backroom will still have the same amount of backstock you/they are just giving it a different name. The human error is still there it's just in a different place. Product will continue to be stocked in the wrong location but now there will be more of it in more varied locations.

It just really magnified the problem.. Cause stuff that would have gone straight to back stock off the truck now was put out on the floor where people are told

BE DONE ALREADY! So they just push it to be done.

That's true. Also I feel like it is not the same amount of backstock because instead of full cases being sent straight to the back, they are opened and some of the product goes out.

Our backroom just works the morning autofills instead of doing what would of been the backstock off the truck.

Is this a new test? Are some stores doing a Push All for each truck instead of scanning the truck?

Not a test, push all is the new process for unloading trucks. Thank goodness we only get 3 trucks a week.

That's true. Also I feel like it is not the same amount of backstock because instead of full cases being sent straight to the back, they are opened and some of the product goes out.

Then to be back stocked, as a full case pack instead of the partial that it is. We found this during inventory prep.

That all depends how flow brings it. My store has been taught to take all product out of partial cases. This is why I would rather them not open the box if only a few can go out.

That all depends how flow brings it. My store has been taught to take all product out of partial cases. This is why I would rather them not open the box if only a few can go out.

I was taught that as well, break the box if its now a partial. But not everyone is on that same page.

Trucks used to be push all but, Target said that was not efficient so they started the scan process. Now Target says scan is not efficient and push alls are. Several years from now Target will declare push alls are not efficient and introduce a scan based process. You spend enough time working at Target and you get to watch them come up with new ideas that are really the olde ideas back again. And people wonder why the company is in the toilet.

I know it can be done right, the learning curve is pretty damn steep and you have to have a crew who can understand the "what and the why" and please explain that back stock is not a crime. Which is what we had one ETL making it out to be.. Instead of teaching her crew how to do it right, speed comes but wrong is always wrong.
I used to attend flow huddles to let them know which areas were mpg, which were ETL-fake-mpg, and answer any of their instocks related questions. At least once a week I had to remind them that there is NO PRIZE for getting the most items into a single spot.

Sure the floor will be more full until In-Stocks comes through and pulls all the crap that should have been back stock in the first place. We are still fighting this fight.. With Flow losing badly.

No locations - push anywhere! (hint: It will set next week)
2nd locations -empty!
Home location - stuffed so full its falling on the floor!
Or they stack it so high on a top shelf - concussion happens when it falls off on to the head of the poor soul who dares to pull it down.
Or flex it to the empty product next to the one you just overpacked, then back stock that one.

Sorry for the snark. I know it can be done right, the learning curve is pretty damn steep and you have to have a crew who can understand the "what and the why" and please explain that back stock is not a crime. Which is what we had one ETL making it out to be.. Instead of teaching her crew how to do it right, speed comes but wrong is always wrong.

1) No Locations should be set aside with the transition, then it is not an issue. As long as your PTL is on top of pre-ties this isn't really an issue.
2) 2nd Locations - Would be an issue whether or not the process is push all, that is just poor training of the flow team
3) Home Location - same as above

Because autofills don't exist for the backroom to pull? Also the backroom still gets truck backstock, it just comes significantly later so it's less likely to be done.

Yes they exist, they pull them during the unload. You should have enough BRTMs to get Autofills pulled in the same amount of time it would take your Unload to get completed! Then they all push food (most likely) as the first part of the wave, BR breaks away and starts backstocking the product that is getting sent back... Simple

the backroom will still have the same amount of backstock you/they are just giving it a different name. The human error is still there it's just in a different place. Product will continue to be stocked in the wrong location but now there will be more of it in more varied locations.

I am not talking about stocking things in the wrong locations. The process change would not effect a TM's ability to read a box. However, by scanning a truck and attempting to sort out backstock, you open the process up to an additional step where product could get sent to the BR when it should be sent to the floor. The more steps in the process, the more likely an error is to occur. If that error takes place in this manner, you directly lose sales due to product not ever making it to the floor.

It just really magnified the problem.. Cause stuff that would have gone straight to back stock off the truck now was put out on the floor where people are told

BE DONE ALREADY! So they just push it to be done.

It repaired the problem. Stuff that should have gone to the floor may be mis sorted and sent to the BR, now there is not a chance of this. Furthermore it lays the groundwork to fix all accumulator issues, since truck backstock is the ONLY time in our entire replenishment process where product is handled (as in a TM is touching and moving the items from one point to another) and could fit on the salesfloor, but instead goes to our stockroom. By removing this step, Target *could* have the STO function include an accumulator reset. The scanning process would not allow this to happen.

And I am sorry to say but I know the store that is push all takes 6-8 trucks a week, average size of 2600-2900 and is push all. 4 hours and the push process is completed, 6 hours and backstock is done. This is also done with 80% of the payroll (scaled to volume) in comparison to the other stores in the group. It is more efficient.

Yes they exist, they pull them during the unload. You should have enough BRTMs to get Autofills pulled in the same amount of time it would take your Unload to get completed! Then they all push food (most likely) as the first part of the wave, BR breaks away and starts backstocking the product that is getting sent back... Simple

What? How are two BR TMs which is all we have coming in with the flow team, supposed to pull 4 hours worth of pulls in a half hour? That's completely unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back