Archived Push experts please respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get "assigned" the Uboats with repacks, even if they are from my department. I had a box on the top come down on my face once, thankfully not enough to actually do much.

Never had the empty shelf itself come down though.

Could you elaborate on that a little bit? Does Walmart have a hard rule about x time per case?
From what I've gathered from perusing /r/walmart, they had "push times" similar to what's on Greenfield now, which were abandoned due to being inaccurate, but now they've brought them back but they're different for each area, but it's apparently still not super accurate. They also have the "everyone needs to push all day, nothing else matters" mindset that the modernization job eliminations are centered around. I don't think they even have regular salesfloor TMs, just their CAP (flow) teams and the dept managers who do a lot of what our task teams do (set POGs, do endcaps, pricing, backroom stuff, etc).

From what I've gathered from perusing /r/walmart, they had "push times" similar to what's on Greenfield now, which were abandoned due to being inaccurate, but now they've brought them back but they're different for each area, but it's apparently still not super accurate. They also have the "everyone needs to push all day, nothing else matters" mindset that the modernization job eliminations are centered around. I don't think they even have regular salesfloor TMs, just their CAP (flow) teams and the dept managers who do a lot of what our task teams do (set POGs, do endcaps, pricing, backroom stuff, etc).
One of my old seniors worked at Walmart before target and they had way more department managers than target does TLs. They seem to staff their departments like target does a super. Dairy, frozen, produce, dry, girls clothings, men’s, women’s, babies. They would all get their own “dept manager”

One of my old seniors worked at Walmart before target and they had way more department managers than target does TLs. They seem to staff their departments like target does a super. Dairy, frozen, produce, dry, girls clothings, men’s, women’s, babies. They would all get their own “dept manager”
I guess when we reach 15 per hour we will all be considered department managers. So in theory there would be one for each department.

A box per minute is doable, for every box that takes longer than a minute, you'll get a box that takes 10 to 30 seconds. Just gotta get in the rhythm of stocking with both hands and zoning as you stock. Get yourself a watch and time yourself how long it takes you to do 10 to 15 boxes.

Back when I was at Walmart and for some years after I quit they had electronics/entertainment consistently staffed with 5-8 employees and I could come in on slow days and see the electronics sales associates standing around the counter looking bored. Now the last couple of times I ventured in there this year I've seen absolutely nobody at any of the department counters and only a few of the CAP people moseying in and out of the backroom. I wondered how long it would take them to pare down their floor teams and the answer is "a lot longer than I expected"

I do pharmacy, and usually have 12 repacks minimum (I think the most I had was 24). They say it averages 10m an otc repack (which is actually a number I came to myself), and my ETL or STL will just be "You have 3.5 hours of push" --always great to hear on a four hour shift, because zoning and guest assistance takes more than 30m. I rarely get to do my own pulls or audit, and I usually end up extending and finishing the rest of the truck. We're having some major changes coming up toward the end of the month. I'm sort of curious to know what they'll be.

I do pharmacy, and usually have 12 repacks minimum (I think the most I had was 24). They say it averages 10m an otc repack (which is actually a number I came to myself), and my ETL or STL will just be "You have 3.5 hours of push" --always great to hear on a four hour shift, because zoning and guest assistance takes more than 30m. I rarely get to do my own pulls or audit, and I usually end up extending and finishing the rest of the truck. We're having some major changes coming up toward the end of the month. I'm sort of curious to know what they'll be.
[/QUOTE
Merchandise in your dept as expiration dates that must be rotated and pulled when needed.

At my old job they had the same thing of a box a minute. I told the team under me that that doesnt mean every box should take one min. I told them that for example an 1800 piece truck should take 1800 min or 30 hours to stock/push. The problem is if you do the math we dont have enough people. The 4 people on inbounds get 2 hours each to push the other TMs of which there are 3 get 4 to 5 hours to push (not counting the 2 TMs who do repacks and the 2 TMs who do softlines breakout). Take out an average of 200 to 250 repacks/softlines that leaves 1600 to 1550 left to push or roughly 26.5 to 26 hours stock time to come clean. We are only given 20 to 23 hours to push. That leaves a deficit of between 3.5 to 6 hours of stock left to push. Then the STL and ETL complain we are not getting done. We have asked for more help at least one person but are told we have as many as we are supposed to.

I was told years ago that I wasn’t pushing fast enough. So I handed the expert my 35 lb of canned veg and said “show me how and put down the stop watch”. Well.
And I unloaded the truck. And I was30
years older than the gobshite trying to tell me how to stock.

Last edited:
Merchandise in your dept as expiration dates that must be rotated and pulled when needed.
what? When I say pulls, I mean shooting for outs and pulling them from the backroom myself. The expiration date thing is time consuming and annoying, but necessary and basic. It irks me, because my first stl said straight up not to worry about expiration dates (like more than a year ago), and then nothing else was said to me until about 5 months ago it was a "Oh yeah, do that". I'd been doing FIFO or whatever the acronym is with the slower turnover items, but only when they came in. The update on the zebras that took away short dating shot me in the foot. but yeah, that's my ranting done with lol I defect out outdated items and opened packages as needed.

I'm gonna say ASANTS because our district is 30 per hour
As line to the one and only bailer to toss your 30 empty boxes into the bailer gets longer than the checkouts. “ can I get a key to the bailer please “.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back