Archived Push experts please respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“A box per minute”was thrown around a lot this week.
Opinions please.
Is this gold star level ? Average ? Anyone say ‘not possible’ ? An attainable or reach expectation ?
Anyone out there that can do more?

Depends on the box, the type of item, the quantity, and how much packing material has to be removed from the product. It also depends on how well zoned the area is and how much product that doesn’t belong in a location has to be removed and packed on the uboat to be backstocked before the correct items can be pushed from the box. Not to mention how busy the store is and how many guests and carts are blocking you from the location you need to get to, and the amount of trash you have to pack onto your overloaded uboat and hope that it somehow magically stays there when you move it and counting the extra time it takes to reload it when it falls off. A box of 2 throw pillows being pushed in a perfectly zoned area? Sure, no problem pushing in less than a minute. A box of 24 fragile glass ornaments wrapped in styrofoam plus individual plastic bags being pushed onto a completely unzoned fixture? No way.

According to my DTL, 40 boxes an hour.
Hmmm, interesting, from 60 to 40. Makes me wonder if pushing expectations have been diluted because the current TM is expected to also help guests/set pogs/work price changes and complete audit scans within that same hour also. unlike the “only here to push , ignore all else” mantra of the old flow/inbound tm’s.

Hmmm, interesting, from 60 to 40. Makes me wonder if pushing expectations have been diluted because the current TM is expected to also help guests/set pogs/work price changes and complete audit scans within that same hour also. unlike the “only here to push , ignore all else” mantra of the old flow/inbound tm’s.
Exactly

The replenishment summary report in Greenfield has the "stock tine" expectations which os based on each custom block. We have started to use this as a tool and having our TM time themselves to compare. It's pretty spot on.

I usually can get about 15 seconds per box.

I worked as a TM for 4 trucks to gauge how well it can be done plus zoning and back stocking. I barely finished with about 30 minutes to spare in 4hrs.

It was consistent speed the entire time with very little guest interaction

Last edited:
We went from a box a minute to 40/hr. Supposed to use the extra time to zone as you go and backstock the left over.

With this new system, as the holidays approach this fall, and in stores that aren't fully staffed?

That's probably what it will be. 8 or less per hour in toys (which thank god I don't work in.)

It is suppose to be 35 to 40 boxes an hour that includes the zoning, backstocking, and the throwing away of the trash. Greenfield frankly gives way much more time than this figure to do everything. So if you have 40 boxes you should be done with pushing all of them, the zone in and around that push is completely done (upper and lower shelves), the backstock of any items leftover is located in the backroom, and that the trash that is made, is disposed of, all within an hour.

Last edited:
The current uboat is not designed for speed. My guess, is within a couple years they will redesign the uboat to hold more freight and trash. What were currently dealing with doesnt necessarily work too well lol.

It's actually quite comical to me that were trying to push 2000pc trucks entirely while holding 2 people accountable for the entire thing when both 2 people are not even there for 40% of the push lol.

Oh target lol

As said, "Box per min" depends entirely on the box. A box that contains a single DVD player takes much less time to stock than a 48 ct of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup (or veggie cans that don't have the lips for stacking easily but you have to stack them anyways) or a lamp that takes 3 minutes just to get all the styrofoam and plastic wrap off of it.

If Target is trying to seriously push a universal case count timer, they are even more deluded than I thought.

yeah, it was manageable when we were allowed to use shopping carts. I would routinely grab 1, use it either for cardboard, or to place detrashed product in. I would load up a cart with as much as I could, as carts are much more maneuverable than a uboat, and push a cart around, stopping to load up as needed. We are low on 2/3 tiers, and I'll use those if I can find one quickly (which is difficult). If that fails, it is very irritating to have to keep all cardboard/trash right on the overloaded uboat with all of the un-de-trashed product. Maddening at times...

And all of that fails entirely to take into account the guests that will be bothering you all day. You could have just opened a box or be halfway through it, and you need to stop and help them find what seems to so often be some obscure item or something that you need to take them to the other side of the store. The remodel has been complete for months and there are still guests who haven't been here since that and don't know where they moved some department or the other.

I don't blame the guests. I blame the management who fails to take them into account--there are virtually no floor employees who aren't pushing something. I don't think I've seen a "sales floor" employee lately who wasn't some kind of TL or a sign person in ages, but I haven't been working a lot lately so for all I know they've hired some new people. Being young and a woman, I feel like I get approached a LOT more than some other folks in my area, especially by mothers for whatever reason. It's incredibly annoying to get halfway through a box, get stopped by a guest needing something, then come back and before you've even laid hands on it again, someone ELSE needs help.

I don't have as many issues with the Uboat. As long as it has that extra handle that curves out like the back half of a U, I have a place to put my cardboard and hang my plastic/styrofoam garbage bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back