Archived Pushing One Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, so I did my first back room/flow type thing and wanted to check if what happened at my store was general procedure for other stores.

Me and a team of 2 other cashiers worked a 5 hr shift pushing 1 spot. Things seemed behind schedule when we got there. Started out helping push C/D block for the first 2 hrs. When we did do One Spot The planogram TM was basically telling us to ignore the planograms and just pay attention to the price points and then scurried off elsewhere. I don't know if that is normal procedure though. I did put stuff where it went when I saw the opportunity, but without a PDA and with the 3 of us having little to no experience with pushing inventory (We just started learning the 1-2-4 thing) we just did what we could. We got 2 full pallets done and bailed all the cardboard at the end as well. I don't think we finished everything, but our shift was over and we had to go.

I am curious about all of this because as a cashier/CA that has probably zoned One Spot for a total of at least 20 hours so far I could see why being a little organized would help out some. Not sure if I am just over analyzing this though...

Anyways, Thanks in advance TMs.

Zoned one spot for 20+ hours in less than three months? Ugh, I hate one spot, it's the one spot I avoid reshopping if at all possible. The perfectionist in me wants to make it perfect, but no one else does, and it usually looks like a tornado hit it, so I do my damnedest to just avoid looking at it.

you should have been doing it to plano so i'm not sure why he would have told you not to or why you wouldn't have had a PDA. That's the easiest way to keep it zoned and looking nice.

Yeah, I am usually a CA/cashier so none of us knew how to do it. Whenever I come into work all the Walkies are gone and today was a truck day so the PDAs were gone. I tried to do it mostly to plano (despite what that TM said to just put it anywhere at random), had to figure it out since none of us were trained on it.

@Nauzhror: Yeah, at my store they have me stay late as a CA and help out Service Desk a lot. As a cashier when it is slow we split zoning between front lanes and one spot. No one likes doing One Spot so I normally do it. If you do it a couple nights in a row it gets easy (they make me close a lot). I had to help push half a pallet of random one spot stuff before Christmas too, but no one had explained planos before that and people didn't seem to follow them. Idk, I will ask my ETL-GS about it when I see her. GSTL didn't know how they worked. I have probably done it for more than 20 hrs since I have worked overtime twice already and have done at least 2 5 hr one spot shifts. I would say I close 70-80% of the time.

The only time you zone One Spot to price point is if its being flexed and about to be transitioned.

When ever we go though a reset we do it to the planogram but after the first week or so when ever we get another pallet in we just put it in a spot that matches the price.

Yeah after seeing it again after work yesterday, within a day some of what I put out is already completely gone and BR/Flow has replaced it with a new random item. That is probably why managment at my store completely ignores the plano for that area. I don't mind. I just take the hints that the older Service Desk people give me for helping to maintain it better.

When we fill One Spot (after it's set and filled by plano the first time), we push to price point so there's as little backstock as possible and every space is full. Having been trained on the sales floor unlike the majority of the front end, this always bothers me because nothing is where it's supposed to be.

One spot zone is a joke at my store too. Price points aren't even followed, much less POG. It drives me up the wall but as a lowly TM(instocks) I can't fix everything in the store. At least I hardly ever have to look at it since I spend most of my time in grocery/HBA.

The front end team at my store is on top of one spot. They zone to pog and it looks pretty good. They also handle the transitions which actually helps take a small load off the pog team.

Our one spot is stocked by price. Even when plano sets it they stock by price because our DTL wants it looking full all the time. Our store usually has a cashier come in around 7am to push any product that comes off the truck because flow never gets around to it. When the front lanes are slow they will send a few cashiers to zone one spot.

Up to Christmas, ours was zoned with a pitchfork.

I zone One Spot by standing as far away from it as possible and just chucking stuff at it. :)

In all seriousness, I was asked to 'straighten it up' once (not specifically zone) and just told to make sure everything is as close to where it's supposed to go as possible.

Our one spot is stocked by price. Even when plano sets it they stock by price because our DTL wants it looking full all the time. Our store usually has a cashier come in around 7am to push any product that comes off the truck because flow never gets around to it. When the front lanes are slow they will send a few cashiers to zone one spot.

That's how ours works too. Our DTL, STL, and GE only care that it looks full and the price on the label strips is accurate. The GSA who usually takes care of OneSpot fills everything in the right place, but once we eventually start flexing things around to make sure there aren't any outs all hope is lost.

Our store only flexes things in by price point when we're having trouble getting something in. The ETL-GE would rather have three or four things off POG than have holes. Other than those flexed spots we're expected to keep it as zoned as possible. I usually just do it myself since my OCD version of "zoned" is completely different than the cashiers.

I do a lot of one spot for my store. Flow typically does a pallet in morning but I direct cashiers to push reshop and zone it at night and I personally zone as much as I can when we're slow. Its never perfect but it helps to stay on zone from setup. We zone to location but flex if we run out of product. The rule for flexing is one spot over under or above do zone doesn't get too crazy. However towards end of set you really have to just fill spots regardless of location, just make sure $3 items aren't in $1 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back