Archived Putting in 2 week notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmptyCart

Cashier (2014-2016), Hardlines (2017-now)
I talked to my STL last night about putting in my notice and he was pretty understanding (it's mainly due to juggling 2 jobs + school semester in the Spring), said "you gotta do what's best for you", thanked me for the hard work over the years, and it went as smoothly as I could have hoped, albeit a bit awkward because my TL was there (I don't think it was necessary at all but STL didn't know what I was going to talk to him about and asked if she could be there too). He told me to call today to talk to the ETL-HR on how to go about actually putting in the paperwork or however it's done now (I guess you can do it on Workday?), so I just did that. ETL-HR was not told about it (not a huge surprise since communication is terrible at my store usually...) so I had to tell him about the notice over the phone, and when I asked about what I need to fill out, he said he could do it for me and just asked when the last day I can work is, because when he puts it in he would need to know that.

Is that right? Can the resignation form(s) be done by an ETL on behalf of the TM and not by the TM directly? It sounds a bit sketchy to me and makes me worried they might pull some sneaky thing and put it as a termination instead of resignation (I've known a few people who were treated like that in their respective stores, when they came in to resign they said don't bother and it was considered termination), so I really don't want that to happen to me here. I asked if there was anything else I needed to do and he said no - should I follow up at some point? I do have one shift left next week and possibly on the new schedule for the week of the 30th (most people in my store who leave tend to not be put on the last schedule of their notice time period). Would there be a way to view the form that was submitted on my behalf, to ensure it's accurate?

Yes, with Workday ETLs can put in the paperwork for you. It's the same as if you were to do it yourself. If anyone looks at your record down the line, it will say you voluntarily resigned. If you're worried about it though, you can just go on workday and do it yourself. Just make sure to fill out the survey that prompts or else your leaders won't get the resignation in their systems.

Ck your on your w2.
Go on Workday.
Go to your profile.
Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner.
Click "job change"
Click "resign"
Thanks
@Yetive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back