Archived Putting in your two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best way to do it without everyone coming up to you and asking OMG MEOW WHY ARE YOU LEAVING WHERE ARE YOU GOING IS THERE SOMETHING WE CAN DO TO IMPROVE PLS STAY DONT GO PL0X? I've found a job that I like quite a bit more, and, assuming I get approved, will be putting in my 2 weeks notice soon.

Idk. That is a great question. At my store, you can't trust the ETLs to keep a secret. You could always turn it in to your ETL-HR and ask him/her to keep it as quiet as possible. I have seen so many people try to leave quietly, just to have the ETLs tell everyone their business.

Tell your ETL-HR and nobody else. If she questions it, give her the bullet points and that should hopefully do the trick.

I don't know you so I could be wrong...but I seriously doubt any leaders are going to beg you to stay.

I don't know you so I could be wrong...but I seriously doubt any leaders are going to beg you to stay.

I've been told I'm the best at getting RedCards out of everyone that's not a cashier, so I'm totally expecting a 24 pack of cupcakes at my door with a note from my ETL wanting me to "reconsider".

Joking aside, that was mainly an exaggeration, but I'm mainly talking about people asking why I'd wanna go and stuff.

In TSC there's a stack of resignation forms sitting by the copy machine, at least there is my store, just hand that to your ETL HR or HR TM and that'll be that. When I do it I plan to tell nobody and see how long it takes till people find out and start asking me, it won't take long I'm sure.

I went to the ETL-HR after my one of my shifts last week told her I was putting in my two weeks, she gave me the forum and that was it. My team lead found out the next day and beside her and the electronics people, who I told, only one other team member has found out. I'm starting my last week, this week.

5 people put in their 2 weeks notice today, 4 in soft lines ,one in food ave . I will miss them all,esp one of them, but they are all leaving for better jobs so I am happy for them. Our mgmt staff is good to us, but I think spot just made the raise decision too late

My store will flat out refuse to acknowledge a person's two week notice. We have a TM who spent 3 weeks trying to quit. They wanted the TM to tell every LOD and even after they did, some LOD's claimed the reason for leaving wasn't good enough. They ended up giving the TM 90 days off to reconsider, which of course they took because by then they were sick of the run around.

If I had to tell every ETL why I was leaving, I can promise some brutally honest feedback.
There's a reason they don't invite me to chats any more.

My store will flat out refuse to acknowledge a person's two week notice. We have a TM who spent 3 weeks trying to quit. They wanted the TM to tell every LOD and even after they did, some LOD's claimed the reason for leaving wasn't good enough. They ended up giving the TM 90 days off to reconsider, which of course they took because by then they were sick of the run around.

Uh wrong, there is no way that would work.
You simply tell them your last day and that's when you stop showing up.
They can't tell you anything beyond, thanks for telling us you're leaving.

They were just trying to bully the TM into staying (mission accomplished), especially since so many people in the store are quitting (they almost always just stop showing up, bypassing that 2 wks notice completely) and the store just doesn't want to hire more workers.

I would have told HR, handed in a written notice with my last day on it, then left when that day came up. No muss, no fuss.

I can see them begging someone to stay. They did that for a young lady that either kept getting denied for the bench or she didn't want to sit on the bench. I don't know if she wanted GSA or GSTL, but she quit right before Black Friday. I miss her.

Don't think so.
You should be able to get a copy from the HRTM.
That's what I did.

I can see them begging someone to stay. They did that for a young lady that either kept getting denied for the bench or she didn't want to sit on the bench. I don't know if she wanted GSA or GSTL, but she quit right before Black Friday. I miss her.

Our STL and a couple other ETLs have begged people to stay before, going as far as matching the pay of where they plan on going. Yes, of course there are TMs they wish would quit, but I can give them props for noticing the good ones and making an attempt to try and keep them. Too bad they don't fix what problems cause TMs to want to quit in the first place.

You can see if your HRTM is willing to keep it a secret so you don't get a bunch of people running up to you asking why. In my case, that didn't work out so well. All the ETLs were gossiping about me leaving pretty much immediately which of course trickled down to TLs and TMs. I wound up embracing my two-week-long celebrity status and invited 10 co-workers or so to drink with me after my last day. They all came.

So I guess the answer is to be an unimportant person, or to drink all your Spot memories away.

I've been telling lots of people. Don't know if it's made its way to execs yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back