Archived QMOS is making me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay QMOS is making me crazy! That bin will just not empty out. I do my cull and QMOS as I go, tossing some stuff and setting aside other stuff for donation. I finish. I take trash to compactor and box up donations. I am taking my defect to receiving still. Just don't have that process figured out yet. I then jump on my SDAs. My bin fills up and then I QMOS toss or pack for donation. Then the truck takes the bin for the freezer/cooler push a d they FILL IT UP! It is then give to me. I work it and yeah I empty it again. I go to lunch after other tasks are done only to arrive back to a filled bin from the backroom SDAs. It is taking so much of MY TIME to get all this QMOS done. Ugh!

Who takes care of all the QMOS in your store?

PAs and Market TMs mostly. Although backroom usually does their own QMOS on SDAs.

PAs handle the QMOS at my store. I tried hard at the beginning to get the truck team to handle their own QMOS from the food truck, but that lasted about 3.2 seconds... I'm the only person who seems to remember there are bins in the cooler and dry grocery aisles too...

Lol you have a bin in the dry grocery aisle! Our team never check dates in the back for dry so no bin

I work at high volume store so most of the stuff sells fast. although this past week we had a lot of chobain yogurts that expired 7/11 and 7/13 and now this week the boxed luchables are all expiring 7/12 7/16 7/17 7/20 so gotta qmos / defc out these, most other items sell fast. We also have been qmosing the new fajita vegies packaging in the plastic they only have a shelf life of about 1 week.

The PA's at my store qmos everything from truck push to BR SDA and salesfloor SDA and anything guest service needs us to.

At my store dairy, meat, & produce teams do their own. Any QMOS from SDA's go in the respective bin & are taken care of by the team the bin belongs to. Dry is QMOS'd (or defected, I don't know how all that really works) by our receiving person.

At my store dairy, meat, & produce teams do their own. Any QMOS from SDA's go in the respective bin & are taken care of by the team the bin belongs to. Dry is QMOS'd (or defected, I don't know how all that really works) by our receiving person.
Wow. I am the dairy meat and produce team , that's right just 2 PA's a day take care of all the qmos.

Try getting your QMOS down to a routine and have one central location for collecting instead of bins all over the place. A couple tips that I've used that has helped me:

- Morning cull is the biggest of the day, and it includes the SF SDA. Sometimes I have an overflowing bin; sometimes I barely fill the bottom. Behind that, QMOS is usually easy as long as you keep up with it.
- keeping up with it is vital, I've found. I rarely toss things in the bin; I prefer to QMOS straight to the trash after a pull. It only takes a few second plus it helps keep the CAFs even instead of having huge pulls after a mass QMOS.
- have just one location for QMOS. We have the white bin in the ambient room and that's it. Backroom had a defectives cart for dry and such that goes to receiving, but they have to take pFresh QMOS right back to the bin when they find it. You don't have time to visit multiple locations and find stuff that BR was too lazy to bring you when you actually had time to do it.
- train your team. I've finally drilled into flow that damaged product from the truck goes into my bin (and not a random cart) and messy/leaky stuff goes in the sink. Also, they know that non-pFresh stuff goes to receiving and not to me. I'll get the occasional dry item from an SDA pull, but for the most part they don't bring me stuff not found in coolers. That cuts down on the amount I have to process.
- lastly, evaluate your QMOS rates. Are you tossing more than you should? Do you need to look at your ordering trends and see if you need to order more cautiously? We used to QMOS a crap ton of dated product (back when we ordered salads and meat) but with that being HQ ordered as well as being more careful with our order, we've been able to cut our QMOS way down. Obviously it's not perfect, but the better handle you have on your inventory, the less product will spoil before it sells.

Hope this helps. :)

you can also TPC short dated items. I always say it's better to make some money than have to qmos and make nothing. Sometimes I TPC really low so things sell. Right now the FDC sent us about 30 cases of the sweet peppers in the bag, about a week ago, they sell for $3.99 we TPC'd them to $1.99 and sold some, and now this week they are $1.49 and selling fast we have about 18 boxes left, by Saturday I think the remaining will have to be qmos'd, cause they will go bad.

I am trying to TPC things sooner and about 40 to 50% off to get them to sell !!

We have just 3 bins. Ambien, freezer and cooler. I do my QMOS as I go along and it is done before I start my next task. I also TPC. My frustration come in when I have cleared and cleaned my bin only to return from break or some other task or my next shift to a full bin of stuff that smells, is slimy or is just a lot of work for me to sift through when I have my own tasks to get to.

I guess I'm just sick of picking up after other people who know how to do what they are supposed to do but they leave it for someone else....me.

you can also TPC short dated items. I always say it's better to make some money than have to qmos and make nothing. Sometimes I TPC really low so things sell. Right now the FDC sent us about 30 cases of the sweet peppers in the bag, about a week ago, they sell for $3.99 we TPC'd them to $1.99 and sold some, and now this week they are $1.49 and selling fast we have about 18 boxes left, by Saturday I think the remaining will have to be qmos'd, cause they will go bad.

I am trying to TPC things sooner and about 40 to 50% off to get them to sell !!
We got sent a ton of those as well... went to 99 cents.. threw most of them away, sadly.

When I was GSA and did SDA on Checklane Consumables, I usually did my own QMOS also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back