Archived Qualifying for maternity leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
How many hours does a TM need to work a week to qualify for maternity leave? I have a TM that is pregnant and want to ensure she gets the minimum needed.

1-800-828-5850 is the Target leave and disability number. She can call that to see.

She did try, they said 19 hours, ETL/HR/Website said 31+. We are both getting conflicting information.

Ah. I couldn't find anything specific. We had someone come back a bit ago. I can ask her when I see her.

On short term disability, you need to have 1200 hours now to get it now. Don't forget FMLA.

Questions to ask. Paperwork needs to processed by your hr on type of leave or disability.
Leave of absence contact info:

What to do/Contacts

The first step in the leave process is for the team member to contact their HR partner or leader. Team members may be asked to call the Target Leave and Disability team directly at 800-828-5850, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT.
The Target Leave and Disability team handles most leave and disability administration processes for team members.
The fax number is 847-554-1660. Please include your claim number (if known) or team member ID number on your fax.

Last edited:
HLG is right. The first step is total hours. We had a new hire who had the average hours but was still in their 90. I believe after 1200 it kicks in.

According to my tm, after 1200 hours, 2 weeks paid and up to 12 weeks fml regardless of avg hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back