Quarantine after vaccination?

So I have been fully vaccinated for months. Yesterday I learned that my sister tested positive yesterday-she was feeling crappy on Saturday but she's 7.5 months pregnant, so she thought it was that and felt better on Sunday, where we were together, inside unmasked. Her husband is also sick and getting tested today. He was also at Easter inside unmasked.

What is Target's policy on close contact vaccinated team members? Are they going to send me home tomorrow due to close contact or will I be ok since I am fully vaccinated?

TIA

Well, being vaccinated doesn't grant you immunity, it just protects you from being hospitalized and dying. You can still spread the virus so, if you have people in your household testing positive, I would imagine that you would be asked to self quarantine. However, Target is retail and they will probably ask you to stick around, even though you are a serious risk to non vaccinated team members health.

Thanks for the response. When I told my boss at my other job, they called the department of public health in the state I work in and DPH told me I do not need to quarantine or get tested so I just wasn't sure if there was a Target policy.

And for what it’s worth, the CDC now says that if you’re fully vaccinated, you don’t need to quarantine or get tested after a known exposure if you’re asymptomatic. So you’re good.

The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus. Vaccinated people could potentially still get COVID-19 and spread it to others. However, the benefits of relaxing some measures such as testing and self-quarantine requirements for travelers, post-exposure quarantine requirements and reducing social isolation may outweigh the residual risk of fully vaccinated people becoming ill with COVID-19 or transmitting the virus to others.
Just saying still a possibility .

By the way this should go without saying, but if you start feeling sick you should absolutely stay home. But as long as you don’t have symptoms, there’s no need

Well, being vaccinated doesn't grant you immunity, it just protects you from being hospitalized and dying. You can still spread the virus so, if you have people in your household testing positive, I would imagine that you would be asked to self quarantine. However, Target is retail and they will probably ask you to stick around, even though you are a serious risk to non vaccinated team members health.
Man, covid is such a bitch, the vaccine gives you immunity to hospitals and death but not the virus

Yikes 7.5 months pregnant and getting covid. Well I hope your sister and her unborn baby are alright.
I hope your sister is doing well! A potential serious illness at 7.5 months pregnant is no joke.
Thanks. She’s (and baby) actually doing very well. She went to the Dr yesterday and everything looks good. She has been spending way too much time googling “pregnant woman with Covid” and now she’s convinced she’s going to go early. Hopefully baby stays put for at least a few more weeks.

so my dad tested positive and they still sent me home for 10 days even though ive been fully vaccinated for almost 4 weeks now

Back