Question about coaching

I recently got coached for being on my phone and my lead caught me checking the time on my phone while she was heading home. Can they do anything to me about that? I'm close to a termination.

If your close to a term then your on a corrective action. If it was for loafing or being on the phone or something like that already then you could be termed. If it's for something else they would input it into the system and you could get further action on that if they catch you again. You might get lucky if they were leaving and they don't or forget to input it.

If your close to a term then your on a corrective action. If it was for loafing or being on the phone or something like that already then you could be termed. If it's for something else they would input it into the system and you could get further action on that if they catch you again. You might get lucky if they were leaving and they don't or forget to input it.
Damn so even if they were not on the clock they could be petty enough to take action?

Also it was for being on my phone. Despite me just checking my phone this time after helping a guest out.

I recently got coached for being on my phone and my lead caught me checking the time on my phone while she was heading home. Can they do anything to me about that? I'm close to a termination.
If they have you on a Corrective/Final for stuff like that then I’m sorry to say they are probably looking for any and everything to document you for to term you. Leadership gets reallllly nit picky when they don’t want to invest their time in someone anymore.

There's also Casio watches for $15-20. TM discount plus red card discount brings it down to dirt cheap. You won't need to look at your phone for the time.

If they have you on a Corrective/Final for stuff like that then I’m sorry to say they are probably looking for any and everything to document you for to term you. Leadership gets reallllly nit picky when they don’t want to invest their time in someone anymore.
I agree with this but want to add payroll is down to the bare minimum, I’d much rather give the hours to someone who isn’t playing on their phone. At some point being on corrective/final should have helped you curb loafing, etc. As a leader I will invest all I can to any member of my team but the tm has to put in the work and earn their wage too.

Back